The Ghastly Gizmo By Tilda Hale

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

The Ghastly Gizmo By Tilda Hale

Post by Birdlady1950 »

STORY-LINE THE GHASTLY GIZMO:

The Ghastly Gizmo authored by Tilda Hale is a first-rate children's book. Detective Ralph and the team of Domesticated Investigation Bureau agents are on the trail of a missing neighbor feline. After finding the missing cat, Barnabas, they find themselves in a spot of trouble; rodent Frances comes to the rescue. Barnabas has quite a tale to tell and Detective Ralph and company have a mystery to solve. What is this monster that is terrorizing everyone? Can Ralph and the Domesticated Investigation Bureau solve this case?

Grab a chair, have a seat, my children's mystery novel review follows.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, DEVELOPMENT:

Although a first work by Hale, her talent is evident in this short children's book. As a result, the story-line is rich in prose and development. Novellas by their nature are short and can not contain the structure and development of a full novel. However within the 31 pages of the book, Hale entertains and holds the interest of the young reader.

Animals of any kinds are favorites with children. With a cast of animal characters and a story-line including detectives, monsters, and mystery, The Ghastly Gizmo holds any child's attention. Hale gave the animals real jobs which any child can relate. Although to some the book will seem geared to much older children, we must keep in mind the age we live and dwell. We live in a computer generation with children more fully developed educationally and emotionally. After all, most are texting in first grade and playing computer games.

Finally, in concluding my review of The Ghastly Gizmo, I found a solid story-line geared towards 8-12 year old, with well-developed characters, and pacing in line with the length of the book.

THE GHASTLY GIZMO RECOMMENDATION: STARS 4

In addition, I would not hesitate to buy The Ghastly Gizmo for my grandchildren. With help from a parent/older person any age group of child would enjoy this book.

FINALLY, PLEASE NOTE:

I received this book from the author, publisher, and Netgalley in return for a voluntary honest children's mystery novel review. Book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book review author’s opinion. Consequently book reviews on line under my name and on my blog are my opinion. My voluntary children's mystery novel review was not influenced by the ARC.
RosesReviews
Bookshelf Size: 31

Post by RosesReviews »

Thank you for your enlightening review of "The Ghastly Gizmo". The book sounds like the perfect book for the eight to twelve age group, as mentioned in your review. I can picture one of the the grandchildren,in this age group, curled up totally absorbed in this story. I've made not of the title and the author's name to pass on to his mother. Thank you.

Return to “Children's Books”