Favorite Childrens' Book

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
rkluck017
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rkluck017.html

Favorite Childrens' Book

Post by rkluck017 »

I am throwing a book club party for my little book worm in training's first birthday. We are trying to build up her library and are wondering what your favorite book was when you were younger?

Mine: Rainbow Fish
My husband's: Socks for Supper
katiesquilts
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 649
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katiesquilts.html
Latest Review: Anything For Love by Gracie Bond

Post by katiesquilts »

Recently I've been reading The Very Hungry Caterpillar every day at the kindergarden I work at. Another good one that has a song is Today is Monday, also by Eric Carle. I hope your little book worm has a great first birthday! :)
portia1239
Currently Reading: Small Great Things
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-portia1239.html

Post by portia1239 »

Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shell Silverstein. I loved reading all these short quirky poems when I was a kid. I still have the books and read them to both my kids as they were growing up. Have a great party!
chloeisfox
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chloeisfox.html

Post by chloeisfox »

I'm a second grade teacher and one of my students favorite books is "Grace for President". They love it, and I think the lesson in it isn't thrown in your face but a good one for children to have (especially girls!).
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

Some books that I would like to recommend for your childs library are the Pete the Cat series. The books are educational, entertaining and have the cutest songs that you and your child can sing together. The kids at my job love pete the cat!
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Sav Sparkman
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 91%

Post by Sav Sparkman »

My all time favorite (so far) is Dragons Love Tacos! It’s super cute, illustrated well, and very funny. It is structured as a how-to for throwing the best party for dragons. Apparently they love tacos, but you must be careful because if you give them salsa that is too spicy their fire might ignite!
“Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” —Helen Keller
prudynce Goluke
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by prudynce Goluke »

rkluck017 wrote: 12 Nov 2016, 13:05 I am throwing a book club party for my little book worm in training's first birthday. We are trying to build up her library and are wondering what your favorite book was when you were younger?

Mine: Rainbow Fish
My husband's: Socks for Supper

I Love You to the Moon and Back
Book by Amelia Hepworth
Tomy Chandrafrost
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

I think for now, Oliver Jeffers is still one of my favorite children's book authors and illustrators. His book is titled "Here We Are", you can check out his TEDx video on YouTube where he reads this book.

Return to “Children's Books”