The Adventures of Frog and Toad by Arnold Lobel

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amber OConnor
Bookshelf Size: 2

The Adventures of Frog and Toad by Arnold Lobel

Post by Amber OConnor »

These books are about two friends, Frog and Toad. They have many adventures from flying a kite, to baking cookies to raking each others leaves. Frog is very optimistic and outgoing while Toad is a bit grumpy and pessimistic.

I read these books as a grade school student and loved them. My husband and pretty much I have talked to lately has no IDEA about these books. My daughter loves them and at 5 can read quite a bit of the books on her own. She loves the adventures.

A Year with Frog and Toad is a play/musical that is based on this series of books. We went to see it this holiday season and are still singing the songs from it. It is a great introduction to this book series for younger children and teaches some pretty great lessons. If interested, I would look up A Year With Frog and Toad on YouTube in order to get a sense of the fun that this book series brings to kids.
RosieTGK
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosietgk.html

Post by RosieTGK »

I had never heard of them till a couple years ago. My child got one as a reward at the library 's summer reading program. I was unsure of it at first. Turns out the kids loved it and so did I; there are adventures without bad behaviors or attitudes. Thus is an impiaspect for me because the kuds tend to act out what hey read/hear/watch. We are now the proud owners of several Frig and Toad books.
AlwaysWorthIt
Currently Reading: The Serial Killer Files
Bookshelf Size: 271
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alwaysworthit.html
Latest Review: "Gilligan's Toy" by Janice Smith

Post by AlwaysWorthIt »

I have to say that I haven't even seen these books for ages, but as a child, I read them all the time. They were huge in the classroom and big with the students. I remember the classroom books that were available always had a wait list of students ready to read the next adventure.

I like that these books not only have a fun adventure that hooks the kids, but also a lesson underlining the story itself. These will be a collection in my child's personal library when the time comes.
It's Always Worth the Read.
Latest Review: "Gilligan's Toy" by Janice Smith

Return to “Children's Books”