Official Review: Alphabet Motivation by Nakita Jackson

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Official Review: Alphabet Motivation by Nakita Jackson

Post by MarisaRose »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Alphabet Motivation" by Nakita Jackson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Alphabet Motivation by Nakita Jackson is a collection of 26 motivational paragraphs. Each paragraph corresponds with a letter of the alphabet and is given a title full of alliterative words. The motivational paragraphs are not lengthy; they are each about five sentences long, give or take. Themes of faith, encouragement, inspiration, positivity, pursuing opportunities, and values are just some of the topics touched upon throughout the 26 motivational paragraphs.

The best part about this short, motivational collection is the author’s fun use of alliteration. The title of each motivational paragraph contains alliterative words that correspond with the letter of the alphabet that the motivational paragraph is associated with. For example, the first title in the collection is as follows: ‘A – Your Anointing won’t Allow Animosity to Annihilate your divine Appointment.’ The use of alliteration not only makes the titles visually appealing, but it also creates rhythm which can make the words fun to read aloud. Further, these wordy titles not only get one thinking about the title’s meaning as a whole, but also about the meaning of the various words individually.

Each motivational paragraph acts as a great mantra for starting one’s day. The paragraphs are imbued with positivity and encouragement, but they also focus on asking questions of one’s self as well. These paragraphs will help readers with self-reflection, and they may also spark some questions and ideas about things the reader may not have considered in the past. I found the author’s words to be comforting and stimulating. Although these paragraphs are short, I found myself thinking about the topics discussed long after I’d finished reading the author's words.

Another interesting aspect of this collection is the choice of vocabulary. Fun words are added to the titles, sometimes with definitions in parenthesis, to add to the intrigue of each motivational paragraph. For example, words like ‘Xerotic,’ ‘Zany,’ ‘Valiant,’ ‘Galvanize,’ and ‘Anointing,’ are just a few of the intriguing word choices used in the text. The addition of some uncommon vocabulary helps make these motivational paragraphs thought-provoking as well as motivating. Younger YA readers, especially, will enjoy learning new vocabulary while reading these comforting words of encouragement.

Overall, this is a quick and easy read. However, the nature of the motivational paragraphs make this book better for daily motivational reading rather than finishing the book all in one sitting. The quirky vocabulary, rhythmic alliteration, and positive and encouraging messages make this book suitable for all ages. I recommend Alphabet Motivation to anyone who could use a little encouragement added to their day and to those who enjoy intriguing vocabulary. This motivational collection earns 4 out of 4 stars from me.

Alphabet Motivation
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like MarisaRose's review? Post a comment saying so!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I love the thought of this! It really sounds like a fun encouraging read. I might have to pick it up just to see what she does with each letter of the alphabet. Thanks for the great review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
MarisaRose
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MarisaRose »

kandscreeley wrote:I love the thought of this! It really sounds like a fun encouraging read. I might have to pick it up just to see what she does with each letter of the alphabet. Thanks for the great review.
Thanks! It was a breath of fresh air to read this motivational book :)
CommMayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

I really like the way you wrote your review. The review in itself seemed to create the same feeling that the book does: One of calm alliteration. Well written and informative. A great introduction to an interesting book. Well done.
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

Lovely review. I like motivational books that don't overdo the motivation. Short and straight to the point does it for me.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
Mtsweni Nelsy
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtsweni-nelsy.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Mtsweni Nelsy »

That sounds like a fun, yet motivating book. Thanks for the review, it's good.
inaramid
Currently Reading: Siege and Storm
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inaramid.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Post by inaramid »

I like your enthusiasm with regard to this book -- it seemed like the book worked on you, too. I'm not really sure whether we could categorize this as a "book" though, if it were only a collection of motivational paragraphs. Sounds nice and all, but I don't think I'd spend money on it.
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

A short collection of motivational paragraphs that correspond with the alphabet, stimulate, and help readers with self-reflection sounds interesting. Not my cup of tea, but I am glad you found it inspiring. Thank you for the review!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
BoyLazy
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boylazy.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by BoyLazy »

Ive never tried a daily motivational book. Let me try this one. Thanks for the nice review :)
Boy Lazy
Reviewer | Blogger | Influencer

Lincolnshirelass
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Lincolnshirelass »

I have to admit to a certain cynicism about affirmations, motivational phrases, etc, but if I WERE to read a book of that nature, thanks to the above review it may well be this one!
An Eye for an Eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi
Amunala
Currently Reading: Vengeance (Tip of the Spear Book 2)
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amunala.html
Latest Review: "The Expelled" by Mois Benarroch

Post by Amunala »

I'm so excited that the book of the day today is a motivational one.
Themes of faith, encouragement, inspiration, positivity, pursuing opportunities, and values make this a must read for me!
Latest Review: "The Expelled" by Mois Benarroch
Rodelyn20
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Rodelyn20 »

I also love reading motivational and inspirational books. I love the techniques of the author. The way he wrote each sentence. It really easy to understand and enjoyable to read this kind of book.
Whitney Marchelle
Currently Reading: Clan and Conscience (Clan beginnings Book 6)
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-whitney-marchelle.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by Whitney Marchelle »

This is a great concept. Great review. I may have to check this out. Just to bring positivity to my day.
Matt D Prinne
Bookshelf Size: 25

Post by Matt D Prinne »

This book is a short motivational novel that I would really love to read. Congrats #BOTD
Uwazie Emmanuel
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uwazie-emmanuel.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Uwazie Emmanuel »

Thanks for the nic review. this is a creative book which uses literary skills to motivate and preach.
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”