Daughter of the Pirate King By Tricia Levenseller

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AlwaysWorthIt
Currently Reading: The Serial Killer Files
Bookshelf Size: 271
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alwaysworthit.html
Latest Review: "Gilligan's Toy" by Janice Smith

Daughter of the Pirate King By Tricia Levenseller

Post by AlwaysWorthIt »

Short and Sweet:

Pirate King… I don't think I have ever heard a story about a king of the pirates. The idea of pirates is, well, their only loyalty is their Captain and ship. So thoughts on the idea of the book: Brilliant! There is always someone better, more cunning, sly, evil, yada yada, than the rest. Therefore, it would only make sense that there is a Pirate King.

Daughter of the Pirate King… a very different concept and welcomed in today's day of age. Not a male for once. The idea of a daughter leads to the premise of a strong female lead. Stronger than the males? Prettier? Uglier than most women? What makes her special?

Daughter of the Pirate King… YES SHE IS SPECIAL! But how? She's a pirate in a males world. She leads with power. She is literally born for this role.

Twist….Of course. Can I tell you? No, think pirate.

Romance…. Duh. Do all YA books not have romantic spin. This book draws you into it. Not too much, not too little. Is it real? Is it a ploy? She is a pirate after all. Although, romance plays a role, it is not a sappy one.

Series…Of course. Are we excited? Heck yes we are!

This book has a strong female lead, which a twist that we all love.

I rate this book a 3 out of 4 stars. The book is good, different, and twisty. However, it lacks the pull that one needs not to put the book down. I did not feel as though there was a moment when I just couldn't put the book down and go about my day. That is not to say I was not excited to pick it back up. This may be because I am not a YA anymore, but I do enjoy them.

I do recommend this book to any YA reader. It has the romance, the power, the suspicion, and twist.
It's Always Worth the Read.
Latest Review: "Gilligan's Toy" by Janice Smith

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”