Review: Remembrance: A Mediator Novel by Meg Cabot

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jess_thebookaddict
Bookshelf Size: 644
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jess-thebookaddict.html

Review: Remembrance: A Mediator Novel by Meg Cabot

Post by Jess_thebookaddict »

I was very hesitant about reading this book. When I chose it for review, I had no idea that it was a part of a series. I have never read a book without reading the books that come before it and I wasn’t sure how well it was going to turn out. Before I even began reading the book, Meg Cabot has a note to not worry about having not read the prior books. After that, I felt much more comfortable about reading this book.

Like every book I read, it took a few chapters before I was hooked. Once I was hooked, I couldn’t put the book down. Meg Cabot put in plot twists that I was honestly not expecting. She also aged her writing. When I say that she aged her writing, I mean that she took it from high school appropriate to young twenty-something appropriate with having added just enough sexual content to hook a young twenty-something. Meg Cabot also hooked me enough that I want to read the original books (which will be added to my mile high TBR pile).

Susannah “Suze” Simon, the main character, is a mediator and pretty badass. Jesse de Silva, Susannah’s fiancé, is a hot doctor that any girl would fall for and also happens to be a former ghost. Paul Slater, Susannah’s ex, is annoying and you wish you could kill throughout the entire book. The relationship between these three can be quiet comical at some points. Obviously there are more characters than these three but I don’t want to reveal too much.

Once I got past the fact that I haven’t read any of the other books, I really enjoyed this book. I did find it slow in some spots but overall I would recommend it to anyone who likes Meg Cabot or books that deals with ghosts. There are twists in this book that the reader will not expect and if Meg Cabot plans on writing more for this series, I will gladly read them.
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

I love Meg Cabot's works so I'll definitely have to give it a read. I'm not really big on ghosts but I'm sure Cabot wrote it in such a skillful way, she'll convince me that I love ghosts lol. Thanks for the recommendation.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”