Carry On by Rainbow Rowell

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
emme books
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emme-books.html

Carry On by Rainbow Rowell

Post by emme books »

I can not even begin to describe how much I LOVED this book!!! A lot of the times I felt like it was, in a way, related to the Harry Potter series(which just made me love it even more). It was a phenomenal book. I loved the characters, the setting, the conflict, I loved Simon and Baz, I really loved everything. I do admit it took me a few chapters to actual get into the book, but that is mainly because I could not read every day and at the beginning was reading two chapters a week.
I did not expect the book was going to turn out the way it did. I did not expect that type of "connection" between the characters(You know who I'm talking about if you have already read the book!!). I would gladly recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a good read. I have read three of Rainbow Rowell's books before this one and once again she did not disappoint. Can wait to read another!!!
noorsawhney
Currently Reading: The Hobbit
Bookshelf Size: 185
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noorsawhney.html
Latest Review: "Aluria" by Tyler Cook

Post by noorsawhney »

I loved this book as well! Honestly, while reading Fangirl I actually skipped most of the Carry On interludes and was reluctant to start the book but am so glad that I did; the characters are so unique, well fleshed out and lovable and their relationships develop so well. It is refreshing to see that the Chosen One storyline is played out in a different way to other typical novels and it is one of the best features of this book!
“Nolite te bastardes carborundorum"
Latest Review: "Aluria" by Tyler Cook
psychopathycathy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1344
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-psychopathycathy.html
Latest Review: Notes of Sorrow Songs Of Joy by Robert Lauri

Post by psychopathycathy »

I haven't read Carry On yet, and I'm still not sure if I will! I was always a little eh about Rowell's writing style, and I too skipped most of the excerpts when I read Fangirl. I might get to Carry On a little later, but we'll see!
Dh_
Favorite Author: Alex Flinn
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 714">Carry On</a>
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dh.html
Latest Review: "Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie" by Larry Acquaviva
fav_author_id: 4010

Post by Dh_ »

I agree! This book was absolutely amazing! I could not stop reading. I'm glad other people loved it as much as I did. :D
Latest Review: "Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie" by Larry Acquaviva
taylorferraro
Favorite Book: Artemis
Currently Reading: Helter Skelter
Bookshelf Size: 109

Post by taylorferraro »

This book is something that I picked up in the store a couple of times, but always put it back because it seemed too much along the lines of Harry Potter for me to read it (I am a HARDCORE Potter fan). But I finally decided to buy it and give it a chance, and that was seriously one of the best decisions that I have ever made. The entire book, although the beginning was roughly equivalent to Harry Potter's plotline, kept me in suspense! I fell in love with the two main characters and their forbidden crushes on each other. This way the first book I read that had openly gay characters in a relationship and I FELL IN LOVE WITH THEM. They are seriously perfectly dramatic and in love, it really makes the sacrifice at the end that much tougher. This book is an absolute must on any fantasy book lovers shelf.
MRose200293
Currently Reading: Fahrenheit 451
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrose200293.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by MRose200293 »

I ADORED that book!! I'm so excited for Wayward Son (the sequel) to come out next month!
Falling4Ever
Currently Reading: Titans
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-falling4ever.html
Latest Review: G.E.M.S. by Daphne Valcourt

Post by Falling4Ever »

I loved both Carry On and Fangirl, and I'm ecstatic for the coming release of Wayward Son!!!
XxBookGeekxX
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by XxBookGeekxX »

I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!

I've re-read this book 3 times just to experience the excitement, mystery, and romance all over again. Though at first, I was a bit hesitant to read it, I soon was so into the book I honestly just wanted to read more and more.

The characters are AMAZING, they all have their own, story, personality and little quirks that bring life to the book.

But my favorite part about this book is Baz and Simon's relationship, I don't know how many times I just wanted to jump into the book and tell them to stop being so stubborn all the time.

Anyway, all in all, it was a fantastic book and would definitely recommend supporting Rainbow Rowell and giving it a read, I can guarantee you will fall in love with it just like me and many other readers have as well.

Peace Out and keep reading!!
Barbie_sidhu
Currently Reading: Strong heart
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbie-sidhu.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Barbie_sidhu »

My friends have been constantly recommending me to try Rainbow Rowell but i have been putting it down for a long time. But the reviews are really making me excited now. Going to read it ASAP.
Vannaskivt
Currently Reading: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes
Bookshelf Size: 803
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vannaskivt.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Vannaskivt »

I've read several of Rainbow Rowell's books and I just love this series. The characters stay with you after you have read it. They are funny, interesting, and feel like people you would want to meet. The plot is interesting, though not gripping, however, because I love Rainbow so much, I would read more and more of her books.
kirthana_shivakumar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirthana-shivakumar.html
Latest Review: Depiction of women characters as Victims of Oppresion and Agents of action in selected short stories by Rushika Gill

Post by kirthana_shivakumar »

This is one of my comfort books, I loved it that much! All the characters were so full of heart and so reading this book is like slurping on a happiness milkshake. It's full of angst but there's comfort later so I enjoyed it. The plot was quite interesting too. And banter was simply superb.
Michael_peace
Currently Reading: The Long Walk Home (Book 1)
Bookshelf Size: 40

Post by Michael_peace »

Going through every other review, I must say this book is a must-read. Can't wait to read all through the pages and recommend them to friends
usef nahg
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-usef-nahg.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by usef nahg »

Carry on was one of my favoruite fantasy reads of this year! such an enjoying story!

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”