Official Review: Mystic Tides by C.J.Godwin

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
LivreAmour217
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livreamour217.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Re: Official Review: Mystic Tides by C.J.Godwin

Post by LivreAmour217 »

When I was a little girl, I loved the Disney version of The Little Mermaid. I read the original version when I was about ten years old, and it made me cry, but I still enjoyed it in a melancholy sort of way. Anyway, I guess I'm trying to say that this book sounds very cool, and that I am looking forward to reading it. Sorry for the rambling, and thanks for the awesome review!
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

LivreAmour217 wrote:When I was a little girl, I loved the Disney version of The Little Mermaid. I read the original version when I was about ten years old, and it made me cry, but I still enjoyed it in a melancholy sort of way. Anyway, I guess I'm trying to say that this book sounds very cool, and that I am looking forward to reading it. Sorry for the rambling, and thanks for the awesome review!
You're not rambling! After all, books and stories should make us think, and it's nice to have a connection to childhood memories. Thank you for sharing. :) I didn't learn about the original version until very recently, and it was quite disturbing. Anyway, if you do get the chance to read the book, I hope you enjoy it!
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
LivreAmour217
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livreamour217.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by LivreAmour217 »

hsimone wrote:
LivreAmour217 wrote:When I was a little girl, I loved the Disney version of The Little Mermaid. I read the original version when I was about ten years old, and it made me cry, but I still enjoyed it in a melancholy sort of way. Anyway, I guess I'm trying to say that this book sounds very cool, and that I am looking forward to reading it. Sorry for the rambling, and thanks for the awesome review!
You're not rambling! After all, books and stories should make us think, and it's nice to have a connection to childhood memories. Thank you for sharing. :) I didn't learn about the original version until very recently, and it was quite disturbing. Anyway, if you do get the chance to read the book, I hope you enjoy it!
Thanks! I'm looking forward to reading it!
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
Heidi M Simone
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

LivreAmour217 wrote:
hsimone wrote:
Thanks! I'm looking forward to reading it!
:D
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
CJ_Godwin
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by CJ_Godwin »

Thank you for the great review! It really is a cute story. I think readers will enjoy finding out what really happened to Calyssa (The Little Mermaid) and her sisters. Also, discovering where their lives have taken them and what they're up to now:)

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”