Official Review: Storm of Arranon by R E Sheahan

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Genaaa
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-genaaa.html
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera

Official Review: Storm of Arranon by R E Sheahan

Post by Genaaa »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Storm of Arranon" by R E Sheahan.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Storm of Arranon is a young adult book written by an author named R E Sheahan.

While it is a young adult book with romance, it also contains quite a lot of sci-fi and fantasy. The book itself centers around a girl named Erynn and her adventures. When Erynn finds out that an alien force is planning to invade, she learns that she's not quite like everyone else around her. The story details her struggles as she tries to come to terms with the truth. That same truth puts an immense pressure on Erynn’s shoulders when she realizes everyone's future may depend on her. Along this journey, she becomes one with herself and maybe even finds a hint of romance along the way. The journey of Erynn finding out she's definitely not an ordinary girl is a truly brilliant one.

I wasn't sure at the beginning of the book whether or not I would enjoy reading the book. After reading it, I've decided it was completely worth it. I really liked Erynn as a person and think that a lot of readers could relate to her. Despite having spectacular abilities, she still struggles with believing in herself. She constantly rethinks her decisions because she doesn't think she's capable of doing amazing things. This makes the whole story more enjoyable because you find yourself rooting for her to conquer her fears and thrive as her true self. Erynn’s constant worry and the fact that she almost gave up multiple times just goes to show that even the most extraordinary people doubt themselves sometimes.

From the very beginning, this story draws you in. You never want to stop reading because it feels like there's always something exciting happening. It's constant twists and turns that have you on edge because the ending of the story never seems clear. One second it seems like the whole mission may be a failure but then the next second it feels like it’ll end in victory. I absolutely loved the end and it left me surprised beyond belief. The ending definitely succeeded in making me want to read whatever comes after this book.

The progression of the characters is really a beautiful thing. Almost every single character ends up being a completely different person by the end of the book. Even some of the villains change surprisingly. As for whether or not they change in a good way or bad, guess you'll just have to check it out for yourself. I found it cool how everything tied together and eventually made sense. For example, the way the author placed the book title in the actual book. The characters are just so wonderfully written that you can't help but personally feel attached to them. I was constantly hoping that things would work out for them because they're just such precious characters.

R E Sheahan should be extremely proud of their book because it's clear just how much work they put into writing it. Reading Storm of Arranon took me on a journey that’s truly indescribable. I would definitely recommend checking it out and giving it a chance yourself. The reading of this book filled me with so many emotions all at once and it was definitely worth the time it took to read. If there is a follow up book to this one, I would be interested in checking it out. I would rate this book a 4 out of 4 because it’s both edited well and really enjoyable to read.

Storm of Arranon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Genaaa's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Sounds like a very interesting book with a delightful protagonist. She seems like someone we can relate to with her fears and doubts. Good job on the review. Congratulations to R E Sheahan on such an obviously well written book.
greenstripedgiraffe
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The New Strong-Willed Child
Bookshelf Size: 274
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greenstripedgiraffe.html
Latest Review: Swarm by Guy Morris

Post by greenstripedgiraffe »

Wow - sounds like the author did a fabulous job here. Way to go in writing a story that has an enjoyable plot, character development, and is written well, instead of ship-shod. Also sounds great that everything ties together so cleverly. That's not always the case. Congrats on BOTD!!!
"no one down here" --- Up the Down Staircase
Latest Review: Swarm by Guy Morris
mindyg123
Currently Reading: Lycan Fallout
Bookshelf Size: 565
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindyg123.html

Post by mindyg123 »

Wonerful review! Congratulations on being BOTD!! Love Sci Fi and action and this sounds like it's packed full of both. I enjoy a good YA novel occasionally and don't mind the romance with all the action mixed in. Thanks to the author for making it only .99, great deal for what looks like a great read.
Mindyg123 :techie-studyingbrown:
Roboreads
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Roboreads »

It seems this book is not only suitable for me but for my teenager who loves to read as much as I do! :)
Utpal K Khot
Currently Reading: Green Lady
Bookshelf Size: 50

Post by Utpal K Khot »

Wow, a young adult book having Sci-Fi and fantasy too, Now that looks promising. Looking forward..Congrats on being the BOTD Storm of Arranon
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

Nice, thoughtful review! I am not a big fan of sci-fi/fantasy books, but the story sounds interesting for people who like this genre. It's always a good sign when there is a well-developed main character who readers can relate to. Congrats to the author on having the Book of the Day.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Post by AA1495 »

I like books where the characters' personalities develop. I'm glad you enjoyed reading this one. Thank You for the great review!
Sarah_Khan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-khan.html
Latest Review: The Formidable King by Alyssa J. Montgomery

Post by Sarah_Khan »

Great job on the review! While this isn't exactly my type of book, I do agree it draws you in from the very first pages and I can definitely see how fans of sci-fi might enjoy it. :)
Celticlady
Currently Reading: Josephine Baker's Last Dance
Bookshelf Size: 3435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-celticlady.html
Latest Review: Betrayal in Blue by Mark M. Bello
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Celticlady »

This is not a genre that I read but I love the cover and the review! Congrats to the author!
chrisann2780
Favorite Author: Colleen Coble
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrisann2780.html
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 5369

Post by chrisann2780 »

Loved the cover. I did read the review which was a very good one. I am sure after reading the sample, fans of this genre will find this a great read. Congrats to the author for BOTD!
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
Janetleighgreen
Favorite Author: Janet Leigh Green
Currently Reading: Before She Disappeared
Bookshelf Size: 204
fav_author_id: 42198

Post by Janetleighgreen »

I have downloaded a couple YA books from this club and I am not a fan; and there were mixed reviews on this one, thank you for the detailed review. I did download the sample however, we'll see if it changes my mind. :wink:
TMR-Virtual Oracle
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tmr-virtual-oracle.html

Post by TMR-Virtual Oracle »

Thanks for the great review, this sounds like a really good story that I will have to check out.
Annelore Trujillo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annelore-trujillo.html
Latest Review: Starlight Life by N.C Brightman

Post by Annelore Trujillo »

I'm not big on science fiction, but it sounds like this has a pretty deep story. I'll not sure if it's the book for me, but you did a great job on this review! I love when you can connect with and relate to the main character in a book. It sounds like you were able to with this one.
mratdegraff91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 433
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mratdegraff91.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: B018SZT3BK

Post by mratdegraff91 »

Great review! It sounds very good and also like the author put a lot of work into her characters.
Madison Degraffenreid

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”