Until the End by Christopher Pike

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
BookSavvy90
Currently Reading: Fangirl
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booksavvy90.html
Latest Review: "The Saltwater Ghost" by Shiela Jane

Until the End by Christopher Pike

Post by BookSavvy90 »

I just have two words for you: Plot twist. If you love books with one hell of a plot twist ending then you're sure as hell going to love this freaking book. This is a murder mystery ( a rather hefty one at that; seriously this book is a big mama) about these groups of teens who believe their friend Alice did not in fact commit suicide like the police assumed she did but was in fact murdered. As you get further into the book it becomes obvious who the perp is and you might find yourself getting bored and annoyed thinking 'why the hell is it taking so long for them to get this SOB?!' but then at the end comes the mother of all plot twists. I won't spoil it but believe me it had me shouting like a crazy person, no joke. Hehe. Anyway if you haven't please just go read this is you won't regret it.

10/10 definitely rereading in the future.
:D
Latest Review: "The Saltwater Ghost" by Shiela Jane
Leighann-Marie
Currently Reading: Furious
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leighann-marie.html
Latest Review: "Hardup" by J. Scott Matthews

Post by Leighann-Marie »

BookSavvy90 wrote:I just have two words for you: Plot twist. If you love books with one hell of a plot twist ending then you're sure as hell going to love this freaking book. This is a murder mystery ( a rather hefty one at that; seriously this book is a big mama) about these groups of teens who believe their friend Alice did not in fact commit suicide like the police assumed she did but was in fact murdered. As you get further into the book it becomes obvious who the perp is and you might find yourself getting bored and annoyed thinking 'why the hell is it taking so long for them to get this SOB?!' but then at the end comes the mother of all plot twists. I won't spoil it but believe me it had me shouting like a crazy person, no joke. Hehe. Anyway if you haven't please just go read this is you won't regret it.

10/10 definitely rereading in the future.
:D
I read this book a few years ago and agree that it is an amazing plot twist. I am always skeptical when I think I've got the entire book figured out about half through but this one definately threw me for a loop.

Christopher has another book called "Remember Me" that is also a hefty but good read. If you liked Until the End, I believe you would most likely like Remember Me as well.
Latest Review: "Hardup" by J. Scott Matthews
Shelle
Currently Reading: For the Love
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelle.html
Latest Review: A Positive Thought a Day Keeps the Negative Away by Dr. Curtis E. Smith
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Shelle »

I think I read every book I could find by Christopher Pike in high school, including these! I love the twists in his stories and how he captures the essence of high school. I may have to go back and re-read some of these books to see how well they hold up all these years later.
A book is a gift you can open again and again.
-Garrison Keillor
KacieLW
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kacielw.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Post by KacieLW »

I read this a couple years ago and loved it! I agree about the crazy plot twist, I so did not see that coming! I went into the book not knowing much about it and at a certain point I was wondering if there was some sort of supernatural twist or something. Throughout the whole thing, I really had no idea what was coming.
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”