Rereading Harry Potter Series

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.

Favorite of the Series

Sorcerer's Stone
13%
Chamber of Secrets
3%
Prisoner of Azkaban
25%
Goblet of Fire
17%
Order of the Phoenix
14%
Half Blood Prince
14%
Deathly Hallows
14%

Total votes: 303

zero_macabre
Currently Reading: The Snowman
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zero-macabre.html
Latest Review: "No Simple Miracle" by Meggan Haller

Re: Rereading Harry Potter Series

Post by zero_macabre »

I haven't really reread the whole series, but I have reread a few of the books. Perhaps I may reread the whole series in future as I really love the Harry Potter series!
Latest Review: "No Simple Miracle" by Meggan Haller
coffee_and_books
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-coffee-and-books.html

Post by coffee_and_books »

I am very much in the minority in that Prisoner of Azkaban is probably my least favorite of the series. The Sorcerer's Stone is my favorite just for the fact that it introduced me to this world of magic. It's where everything started and even though all the others are just as amazing, there's something I love about reading about where it all began.
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

I'm currently rereading them, and I can't believe some of the things I'm seeing for the first time.
I've read them all several times, reread the series before each new book, and even read Deathly Hollows over again nearly as soon as I finished it. However, this is the first time I've gone back to the beginning since the end, and it's so awesome! I've missed it!
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
Jonesy_1950

Post by Jonesy_1950 »

Well I'm new to this. I have read the e tire series 3 times. The
Sorcers Stone is my favorite. It was my introduction to Harry Potter. I bought the books for my young teenage grandsons. I read the first one because of my fear of the whole witch thing. As I realized that Harry is a young boy dealing with a bad situation. He is like many young kids trying to find himself in a world he doesn't understand. He has to deal with grown up problems. He learns to lean on and depend on friends. I have read this series about four times. I find something every time that I have forgotten. I recommend this set to readers of all ages. Read them for fun. Imagine how awesome life would be if we had wands.
naniminna
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naniminna.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes

Post by naniminna »

My favorite book was book 7. I loved seeing how all the plot lines from the previous books all tied together in such an intricate and beautiful way. Most of all though, the revealing of Snape's story cinched it for me. After reading book 7 I couldn't stop reading the series without having that knowledge in the back of my head and it made the rest of the books even more special to me.
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
Tami216-
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tami216.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks

Post by Tami216- »

I agree that the series is so amazing, because of the plot and character development. I've been addicted to these books since I started reading them, and every time I start to reread one of the books I fall in love with it all over again. The movies can't do justice to the series because it's not possible to add all the details that make the story what it is.
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
LainaLuxury
Currently Reading: The Maze Runner
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lainaluxury.html

Post by LainaLuxury »

Harry Potter was my first dive into a series reading. The way these books are written is amazing. The detail, the character emotions, the lessons learned, and the imagination working at its finest. Harry Potter will forever be my favorite series. It got me started on my love of reading.
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MarisaRose »

This was a tough poll for me! I am tied between Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire. I remember the first time I read both ( I was very young ), Prisoner of Azkaban was SO suspenseful for me, I really though Sirius was a big, bad, scary guy. JK did a great job of fooling us readers. However, Goblet of Fire was the first super long book I fell in love with. I loved all the characterization, the anticipation for the four tasks, and meeting all the new creatures JK introduced us to. All of her HP novels are amazing and they are by far my favorite books of all time.
Bhavna Aburani
Currently Reading: Dexter By Design
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bhavna-aburani.html

Post by Bhavna Aburani »

Before I read the 7th book, 3rd book was my favourite. But when I finished reading the last book of series, priorities changed. Not because of happy ending, or Voldemort being defeated, etc., but because of story of Severus Snape. Since the very beginning, I felt there was more to him. I couldn't believe when he killed Dumbledore in Half-Blood Prince, but I got my answers in Deathly Hallows. So happy that Rowling made this character the way it is. He showed through his life what it means to love someone even when you aren't with them.
Dh_
Favorite Author: Alex Flinn
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 714">Carry On</a>
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dh.html
Latest Review: "Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie" by Larry Acquaviva
fav_author_id: 4010

Post by Dh_ »

I'm reading the whole series now for the first time. Of course, it's genius! At first, I thought my younger self would have appreciated the books more, but I couldn't have been more wrong! I love this series. I don't know which one is my favorite yet because I'm not finished, but so far it's Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. I think the casting for the movie couldn't have been better, though.
Latest Review: "Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie" by Larry Acquaviva
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

I see most people chose Prizoner of Azkaban. I chose that one too. I don't know why but that one was just my favorite in the series and I like rereading it. I think I just like it because of who we're introduced to. Also the last scene in the book was kind of funny to me.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
CarrieMe
Bookshelf Size: 357
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carrieme.html
Latest Review: "Away From The Sun" by Rebecca brisbane

Post by CarrieMe »

I've re-read the whole series several times already, but it's been a few years since my last, so I'm probably due for another read! The Half-Blood Prince has always been my favorite, but it's been so long since I read it that I can't quite remember why...
Latest Review: "Away From The Sun" by Rebecca brisbane
Meggie Lou
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meggie-lou.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by Meggie Lou »

While I’m not currently reading the series, I definitely want to start again!

My grandmother started buying me the books when they first came out. I was the same age as Harry and literally grew up with the characters. Best childhood ever.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Antares
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antares.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Post by Antares »

I actually started reading them with my daughter. She is 8. I have to say, it's amazing how much was cut from the movies. I also can't get over how much they knocked Ron out of the information loop. He seems to be much smarter in the books than in the movies.
Follow your dreams, read a good book, and put your feet up with a nice glass of wine.
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
Emilyflint
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 12756">The Last Battle</a>
Currently Reading: Gameboard of the Gods
Bookshelf Size: 248
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emilyflint.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Emilyflint »

I have always loves Goblet of Fire. Maybe because it seems to be the turning point in their lives. You really see the struggle to either remain childlike or to start growing up.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”