Who is your favorite YA author?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
1bullera
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-1bullera.html
Reading Device: 1400698987

Re: Who is your favorite YA author?

Post by 1bullera »

My favorite would have to be john green. All of his books have been enjoyable. You can't go wrong with his books. He can make books sad but funny.
hartsocktr
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hartsocktr.html

Post by hartsocktr »

Until recently I would have told you John Green. However, I recently stumbled upon Patrick Ness's "Knife of Never Letting Go," During a reading challenge and I have to say I've completely changed my mind. Don't get me wrong I love Green's writing (Nerdfighter for life!) but, Ness's ability to write an unreliable narrator blew me away! He purposefully misspelled words because of the accent of the narrator and also because the narrator is practically illiterate. That would usually bug me but, the story and characters were so intriguing that I didn't mind the errors at all. Honestly, it made the story more endearing! If you've never read any of his books, I suggest you do!
:D
moonlightlin

Post by moonlightlin »

Heyy this is a question that cannot have only `1 answer!! Here I MUST name at least a few haha

John Green
Ransom Riggs
J.K Rowlling
Veronica Roth
V.E Schawb
:roll:
artisrazel
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-artisrazel.html

Post by artisrazel »

Suzanne Young wrote one of my favorite books, The Program. This book left me hooked and on-edge with every single page.
DarthMom25
Currently Reading: Deadly Design
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darthmom25.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
2024 Reading Goal: 364
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by DarthMom25 »

Cassandra Clare! Hands down.
2kasmom
Currently Reading: Down And Dirty
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-2kasmom.html
Latest Review: Are Your Kids Naked Online? by Chris Good and Lisa Good
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by 2kasmom »

I love hearing about more authors to read! I am so excited to add them to my TBR!
PedanticAF
Currently Reading: Uglies
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pedanticaf.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks

Post by PedanticAF »

hartsocktr wrote:Until recently I would have told you John Green. However, I recently stumbled upon Patrick Ness's "Knife of Never Letting Go," During a reading challenge and I have to say I've completely changed my mind. Don't get me wrong I love Green's writing (Nerdfighter for life!) but, Ness's ability to write an unreliable narrator blew me away! He purposefully misspelled words because of the accent of the narrator and also because the narrator is practically illiterate. That would usually bug me but, the story and characters were so intriguing that I didn't mind the errors at all. Honestly, it made the story more endearing! If you've never read any of his books, I suggest you do!
:D
Hello, fellow nerdfighter here, thanks for the book suggestion, I'll definitely read the book!
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
LeenKansas
Currently Reading: Me and Earl and the Dying Girl
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by LeenKansas »

This week, my favorite YA author is Jenny Han. I actually feel in love first with her middle grade novel, "Shug," but I am totally enamored with her Lara Jean series (To All the Boys I've Loved Before and P.S. I Still Love You). I also really enjoy her "The Summer I Turned Pretty" books, but I definitely think she has grown as an author since that series. Han's website also has a "Series Playlist" for the "Summer" books and I love that idea.
DancingSouls
Currently Reading: The Cult Next Door
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dancingsouls.html

Post by DancingSouls »

My favorite author (from the top of my head) is Chanda Hahn. I really love Unenchanted (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale Book 1).
BeckyM
Currently Reading: Nos4A2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beckym.html

Post by BeckyM »

It's a toss-up between Ally Carter and Jennifer Barnes. They both have several different series with wonderful characters and story lines. Jennifer Barnes usually has characters who are slightly more flawed, however Ally Carter's Embassy Row series does feature Grace, a heroine who's sanity is in question. I also really like Margaret Peterson Haddix!
Reading-bear
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reading-bear.html

Post by Reading-bear »

Since I read this book a month ago, I have been recommending to EVERYONE! Author Lynda Mullaly Hunt Fish in a Tree is my new FAVORITE BOOK!
Also always look for titles from Laurie Halse Andersen when I am in search of a new read!
Jynny
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jynny.html

Post by Jynny »

That is a hard question! I love so many young adult writers but if I had to chose one it would be ransom riggs! Just love the peculiar serier
ahk98
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ahk98.html

Post by ahk98 »

I think different for different moods? Deffo Jenny Han and kasie west for YA!!!
cherryalakei
Currently Reading: anita blake burnt offerings
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cherryalakei.html
Latest Review: "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin

Post by cherryalakei »

It's kind of a toss up for me, because I like both Stephenie Meyer and Suzanne Collins for different reasons.

While I am sure I might catch some flack for listing Stephenie Meyer as a favorite author, I generally LOVE her books. A lot of people complain about her writing, but I always found it hard to put down one of her books. While some view her work as depicting relationships in a negative or contrived way, I always like the way she wrote her characters and the thoughts behind their actions seemed concrete to me.

I appreciate Suzanne Collins and her writing because it is so avidly fast paced and rich in context. I loved how she wrote Katniss, and to this day Katniss is one of my all time favorite characters. The pacing in The Hunger Games is pretty fast and No sooner than I started the first book was I on to the next one. The feelings of the characters, the absurdity and reality that she portrays makes it hard for me to put down. It's one of the only book series I have read over and over again.
Latest Review: "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin
Belovedbookkeeper
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-belovedbookkeeper.html

Post by Belovedbookkeeper »

My favorite YA author is definitely Jennifer L. Armentrout. Her Lux series and Covenant series are absolutely spectacular and I have reread them multiple times now.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”