Who is your favorite YA author?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
sarah242k
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah242k.html

Re: Who is your favorite YA author?

Post by sarah242k »

It's a little cliche, but John Green. I have read all of his books, and most of them were in one sitting. I am chomping at the bit for some new work from him.

I also really love Marie Lu. The Legend trilogy was amazing! Still need to read the Young Elites.
pale rose writings
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pale-rose-writings.html

Post by pale rose writings »

My current favorite YA author would have to be Veronica Roth. I read the first book in a little over a day and the remaining two in quick succession afterwards and loved every minute of it.
young8
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-young8.html

Post by young8 »

My favorite author is extremely cliche, however his style of writing is very relatable. John Green has always been someone whom I have looked up to and admired his books, his mindset and as I stated earlier, writing styles.
Beautiful_Athena
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beautiful-athena.html

Post by Beautiful_Athena »

Who my favorite author is ,is like asking me which of my dogs I love the most :). But if I had to it would be Sarah J Maas.
Giselleargo
Currently Reading: Nobody's Princess

Post by Giselleargo »

My favorite YA author is Rick Riordan. I first learned of him when I read the first book in the 39 clues series in school. I immediately loved his writing style and the way he could smoothly incorporate humor in the midst of action. I then read his Percy Jackson series as well as the Heroes of Olympus extension series and loved those as well. The Kane Chronicles are also an excellent reflection of his amazing writing talents. Rick Riordan is definitely my favorite YA author and might also be my favorite author ever. I just love how he can effortlessly shift from one character's perspective to another without losing the central theme of his stories. I also love the humor in his books that always makes me laugh out loud while reading. When I was taking creative writing classes in high school, I would model my writing style after Riordan and would often use his books as references for structuring sentences and compiling paragraphs. So, because of his smooth and humorous writing style, Rick Riordan is, and will likely remain, my favorite YA author.
[Hopkins]

Post by [Hopkins] »

I would have to say that it is a tie between Ransom Riggs and Marissa Myer. Both of their writing styles are amazing and unique.
ScarletKB

Post by ScarletKB »

My favorite YA author has to be Jennifer L. Armentrout. I love her writing style and can't help but be swept up in the worlds and characters she creates! Julie Kagawa is an extremely close second.
quirkybookworm98

Post by quirkybookworm98 »

This is my very first discussion post! So wish me luck! I'm going to keep it kinda short my first time! :D :D

My favorite YA Aunthor would have to be Patrick Ness. My all time favorite series so far that Ness has written is the Walking Chaos Tilogy, about a boy on a planet where everyone can hear everyone's thoughts. He is only a month away from becoming a man and he doesn't know what the town he lives in, which doesn't have a single woman in it, has planned for him when he becomes a man. So he and his dog set out across the planet trying to escape the army of men chasing them.
HarneetB
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =5840">The Princess Bride</a>
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harneetb.html
Latest Review: "Dodged Bullets" by Lynn Sutton

Post by HarneetB »

I would have to say Sophie Kinsella because she is hilarious. I feel like she keeps her books very lighthearted and fun and they are relatable. We as individuals must have been in a similar situation as one of her characters from any of her books. We as individuals have all felt insecure, been on the verge of mental breakdowns, felt heartache etc. Her stories help me escape my boring life and I get to enter a world where I laugh and have a good time. She is one of my favourite authors for that reason.
Latest Review: "Dodged Bullets" by Lynn Sutton
natalieschmigle
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natalieschmigle.html

Post by natalieschmigle »

I love YA novels, but my favorites were Kristin Cashore and Cassandra Clare. I recently got into The Selection Series by Kiera Cass. It's like the Bachelor, but with royalty.
Skeezeeks

Post by Skeezeeks »

My favorite writer is John Sanford. He keeps the main people the same throughout his Prey books and that makes you feel part of the book when you read it; and his books keep you one your toes and he keeps you reading until the end. I like having the book in my own little hands, rather then on a e-reader and I love the smell of a good book
FFM2016
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ffm2016.html

Post by FFM2016 »

Tamora Pierce

I discovered TP's books when I was a teenager and continue to love them and count the days (far too many right now) until the next release.

Tamora Pierce has written several series in fantasy worlds which closely resemble Earth circa King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table but where Merlin and magic are more commonplace. Throughout her books, the main characters are strong female role models inspiring young girls to face challenges, have adventures, explore their bodies and their minds and live strong and healthy lives.

FFM2016
Janine Eaton
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janine-eaton.html

Post by Janine Eaton »

My favourite author at the minute is Karen slaughter, her novels are literally spell binding, she keeps you enthralled and literally desperate to read the next page to find out what happens. I can honestly say she only a number of authors I don't get bored or side tracked with, I'm so engrossed in what she has wrote and how the story is progressing that I don't flick through the pages to see the ending. Her series featuring Will Trent and Sara Linton is one of my favourites.
bradystefani
Currently Reading: The Likeness
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by bradystefani »

I can't say I have a favorite YA author, but as a writer of YA myself, I definitely give mad props to Rainbow Rowell for keeping things simple, and for painting amazing characters through the subtleties in their dialogue. She is a master at story telling through dialogue.
2kasmom
Currently Reading: Down And Dirty
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-2kasmom.html
Latest Review: Are Your Kids Naked Online? by Chris Good and Lisa Good
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by 2kasmom »

While I have many that make me smile, Ally Carter has by far been the strongest I have felt excitement for in the YA books. I still really love Lisa Brown Roberts, Erin Fletcher, and so many more.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”