Catch Me When I Fall by Vicki Leigh

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
sylvikb
Bookshelf Size: 0

Icon Catch Me When I Fall by Vicki Leigh

Post by sylvikb »

Halloween is just around the corner, and sometimes the best way to get yourself prepared for the haunted season is to cuddle up with a Sci-Fi thriller that might cause nightmares and slay them all at once. Catch Me When I Fall, by Vicki Leigh, is an action-packed novel with mysterious adventures, dark warlocks, angels, and death awaiting your every breath.

The novel starts off with your typical fairytale story, with characters like Daniel, the handsome stranger who wants to save Kayla, his damsel in distress. Except Daniel is a death angel, Kayla only needs to save herself, and the nightmares that begin to invade both of their lives start to fill this hopeful romantic fairytale with blood and gore. Daniel is seen as a protector of sorts: he is immortal, but also invisible, so he will spend the entirety of his endless life fighting off innocent people’s nightmares until one day one might bring upon his own death. This life doesn’t seem like a bad one for Daniel. He felt like he had died too young and was grateful for the chance to watch his own family grow, even without him by their side. As Daniel’s family tree thinned out throughout the years, his ambition to fight started to falter. That was until he met Kayla.

Kayla is a girl whose hazel eyes both enchant and worry him. Her eyes hide something other than fear of the demons that control her nightmares, and this tugs at the web-infested heart Daniel has hidden under his hard scowl. Kayla isn’t like everybody else in the psychiatric ward; she has more control over herself, but every time she is reminded of her past she falls down a long spiral of paranoia, fear, and sometimes, hallucinations. What her mind fails to realize is that not all of her hallucinations are purely fantasy, and when she wakes up from a nightmare, she needs a reality check. Her eyes don’t lie when she sees a handsome boy at the foot of her bed slaying the demons that have been sucking the light out of her life.

As tensions begin to rise between these two, some unexpected news can put them on different sides of the same battle, if Kayla gives in. Read this great story to find out what happens to nightmares when they figure out a way to escape your dreams and move into your reality, where waking up won’t save you from a gruesome death.

Sylvia Boyadzhyan Review

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”