Gena showalter- white rabbit cronicals review with spoilers

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
tamara_mc41
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamara-mc41.html

Icon Gena showalter- white rabbit cronicals review with spoilers

Post by tamara_mc41 »

Hi every one so I did a small review with no spoilers for this book a few days ago, and now I have for you the long one
with a few spoilers in it. I originally posted this one to my blog while this site was down. so I hope you enjoy. and if you would like to check out my book review blog feel free to ask and ill send you the link. (cause im not sure I can post it here.)

The white rabbit chronicles
by: Gena showalter
published by:Harlequin Teen
pages all together :1,348

To start this off I have to say I was very impressed with all three books! From page one I was hooked, the character development was fantastic. I love a book where the main character is a strong heroine. I really enjoyed watching her go from being a sad, lonely girl, ready to give up to a fighter, and my god this girl was a fighter.
Ali Bell is the kind of role model I think every one can use.
She showed that even when every thing is falling apart around you, and you feel like you have nothing left, there is always something worth fighting for.
This book made me cry and laugh out loud, several times.
I become so attached to characters that when they died I actually became sad. I have to say the friendship between Kat and Ali was so fun. Kat is the kind of friend every girl should have. When I was reading these books I could see every characters personality shining through the pages, it made it so easy to picture them all in my mind.
The romantic relationships between character's was perfect, it was truly believable, something a lot of girls can relate to. Between Ali's jealousy of Coles x-girlfriends, or the simple nervousness of losing her virginity. My favorite relationship in this book is Kat and Frosty's. You can see the love they have for each other so clearly. But Kat never lets her man forget she wears the pants. I felt so bad for frosty and Ali when they lost Kat, it was one of the moments in the book series where I actually cried.
Something so awesome about these books was even through all the devastation, there is a lot of humor and you just cant help but to smile and laugh. I love Ali's grandparents, and the "teen slang" they use throughout the book, such as "douche purse," it is so great. I use that word. The interrogation the boys have to go through, not with Anima Industries, but with Ali's grandparents was so perfect. I think we have all been in either the boy's shoes or Ali's during that.
This book is very family orientated. Even though almost all of Ali's family is dead, you can still feel the connection ali has with her family. Whether its through memorializing them with tattoos, or the scene where she has to fight her zombie father, you can see just how strong her bond is with her family. I really enjoyed that Gena Showalter kept the little sister in all three books, she played the part of Ali's guardian angel.
There were so many twists in the story! I was mind blown when Ali found out about her past! I loved when Justin rejoined the slayers. All the unexpected events are what really made this story a page turner. I just could not put it down.

There is so much more I want to say and write about this book, but im going to end the review here. To find out more your going to have to read the books your self! (and I completely recommend that you do!)
LainaLuxury
Currently Reading: The Maze Runner
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lainaluxury.html

Post by LainaLuxury »

I enjoyed this series VERY much so. It's a new twist on zombies, and that's what got me into it in the first place. It was only a matter of days before I was finished with the series. It constantly had my attention. I could feel the characters, it was a great read. Gena Showalter's other series are also very entertaining
Lolly4532
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lolly4532.html

Post by Lolly4532 »

So, when I started reading this series, I was completely in love. I was a tiny bit disappointed because I expected a little more relation to Alice in Wonderland (I don't know why, but I did) but I got over that quick. But I loved that it was different, and I loved the storyline and character development and I couldn't put book one down.
Then in book two, I was still in love, still enjoying things... and then I felt like there was a serious moment between Ali and Cole that caused me to have flashbacks of Bella and Edwards and I was annoyed, but I still enjoyed the story. Something I didn't like was all the explaining of things we already knew. I read these books after they'd all be published, so there was no waiting for the next book to come out, so everything was fresh in my mind, but I still felt like Showalter spent a ridiculous amount of time explaining things she'd already explained in previous books. The Queen of Zombie Hearts did this a lot as well, and I was made acutely aware of the fact that these books were written for teenagers every time Cole and Ali had a make-out session because of the cheesy avoidance of sex-talk. :shock: It might be that I just don't have a taste for YA literature as an adult, and that's why these things annoy me, but maybe there could have been a little more finesse as well.
Overall, I loved the storyline and the characters in these books, and I love that they weren't just a cheesy remake of a hundred other stories out there. And I liked the unique take on Zombies, and I'm not usually someone who likes zombie things. :)
Vscholz
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Bookshelf Size: 816
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vscholz.html
Latest Review: Primrose’s Curse by Kiara Shankar, Vinay Shankar
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Vscholz »

When I picked up the first book, I was enamoured! I love the twist on the zombie story and the Alice in Wonderland spin. I read all of the main series, but I haven't quite finished the last book. It doesn't focuse on Ali, though, which may be why I wasn't as interested. However, with it switching to other characters, it gives it a different light.
As for you & your heart & the things you said & didn't say, she will remember them all when men are fairy tales in books written by rabbits. (Schmendrick the Magician)

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”