Hush Hush series

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
jenn17
Currently Reading: Lady Midnight
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenn17.html

Re: Hush Hush series

Post by jenn17 »

This was a great series and one I really want to read again. Most of the details are fuzzy but I do remember a rollercoaster of emotions while reading it.
c2clark
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 179
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c2clark.html
Latest Review: "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by c2clark »

TashaS wrote:
KBlovesbooks wrote:I really liked this series. I wanted to beat Nora every time she make a bad choice (which was the whole series). I liked the story. Patch and Nora were never going to be together. I am so disappointed in Hank. How could a father do the stuff he did and then make Nora promise to take over his warriors? I am still a little confused about that. Next, Nora's mom.... Really? She chooses a man over her daughter? No... No... No... Patch, Becca Fitzpatrick did make Patch a dreamy bad guy. What is not to love about this bad boy? He lies, he cheats, and he tried to kill Nora... I am sure that is why Nora loves him. Nora, she does not have her head on straight for this whole book. She chooses Patch over her own kind. She is addicted to devil craft. I guess young love is better than anything else. What do you think? Did you love to see Nora with the bad guy or beat your head against a wall every time she went back to Patch?
I thought Patch was kind of tormented. He was a good bad boy love interest.
I agree that Hank was ... well maybe disappointment isn't the word I would use...maybe disgusted is better.
Nora pissed me off because she was insecure, self-centered, and weak.

That being said, I didn't hate the series...but I also didn't recommend it.
I agree, Nora was insecure; I didn't see self-centered and weak in her character though. I think I'm the grand scheme of things (the new world she learned about) she would be seen as weak due to not knowing who or what she was, however, in terms of the human world she was actually a strong character. She was driven by making her own way, she was protective of her best friend and she was self-sufficient. I think that's what made her relatable for people; the fact that she was trying not to be weak.
Latest Review: "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin
Mannie913
Currently Reading: Sweep Volume 3
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mannie913.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Mannie913 »

I've seen this book series on the shelves a lot but I haven't picked them up. They have never really sparked my attention and this post made me feel a little bit more insecure about picking them up to read. Maybe if they are on sale or clearance at some point I'll pick them up. Or maybe I will try to borrow them from the library. Thanks everyone for letting me know!
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
MarinaY
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the sorcer's stone
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by MarinaY »

I thought it was pretty bland, kinda just a mix of a bunch of YA cliches to me, which is ok for me every once in a while but i've read so many of those.
Bri2000
Favorite Author: all authers
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bri2000.html
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Bri2000 »

I've been told that the Hush Hush series was good, but I haven't read it yet. Is it one that I should try? :)
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann
Ana Valeria
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Ana Valeria »

It's been a while since I've been interested in reading Hush Hush. I've heard lots of people saying the saga it's amazing. I think I'll started as soon as I find them haha :D
shish_by_design
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 66">Strong Heart</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shish-by-design.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by shish_by_design »

I read the first book of the series only and about 30% into the book i skimmed through the pages. It starts out great and then it sort of fades out and becomes this flat story without originality.
Ash and Stars
Bookshelf Size: 640
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ash-and-stars.html
Latest Review: "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman

Post by Ash and Stars »

I recently bought the four books in this series, I can't wait to start reading them!
Latest Review: "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman
Londera
Favorite Author: Lauren Oliver
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... elirium</a>
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 391
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-londera.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2442

Post by Londera »

I have only read the first book of the series
It was okay, nothing really stood out for me about the book. It was a typical girl falls for mysterious brooding outsider with a secret type teen book.
kyliewarden
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by kyliewarden »

This book series is absolutely incredible. I loved it’s dark, edgy side but also the passionate romance between Nora and Patch.
SPOILER —
The ending of Finale was just PERFECT! Patch can finally feel her touch, what a beautiful way to end everything that they have gone through. It definitely makes all of the small heart breaks throughout the series worth it.
imkashmala99

Post by imkashmala99 »

The hush hush series were totally awesome. I loved the story and I must say Fitzpatrick way of writing is magical. From the beginning till the end, I was completely hooked up.
Jfoust1988
Currently Reading: The Vampire Secret
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jfoust1988.html
Latest Review: Guardian of Deceit by William H. Coles

Post by Jfoust1988 »

I read them only once, about 3 years ago. I do remember liking them. I have been away from the story for so long I don't remember much details of the book. A month ago I did add it back to TBR list. I decided it's been long enough and im ready to re-read it.
Ryn_101

Post by Ryn_101 »

I LOVED Hush Hush. It was my first fallen angel book to read, by the way. I loved Patch just so much. The book was quite awesome for me. Credits to Becca Fitzpatrick
Charmi

Post by Charmi »

:techie-studyingbrown: I only read Hush Hush because I liked Fallen. I didn't like it as much because (personally) I like it when the two lead character confess their feelings and have an attachment from the beginning. I felt as if it didn't live up to Fallen, but I did like the mysterious vibe of Patch and I loved the ending of it. So I only enjoyed parts of the book. :o My friend did like the Hush Hush series more than Fallen series (completely opposite of me). LOOL I really did want to like the entire Hush Hush series but couldn't. :oops:
Litzi_Garritsen
Currently Reading: The Crystilleries of Echoland

Post by Litzi_Garritsen »

I really love this saga and I think are excellent books for people who like romance and suspense books. My favorite part is when Patch said: "Humans are vulnerable because they are culpable of being hurt".

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”