Official Review: Triple A Blues by Patrick Rockenbach

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
csimmons032
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight and The Last Song
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 706
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csimmons032.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
fav_author_id: 2594

Official Review: Triple A Blues by Patrick Rockenbach

Post by csimmons032 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Triple A Blues" by Patrick Rockenbach.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Triple A Blues follows Patrick Rockenbach first novel, Double A Blues. After Zach Fredericks was suspended from a game that he has loved his entire life, he is forced with the option of deciding a new career path, or fighting for his dream of becoming a major league baseball player. On his way home, he meets a beautiful stranger named Julie, who helps him realize that he has to forgive the people who hurt him as a child in order to forgive the mistake that he made and create a future for himself. When tragedy strikes, he is forced to ask himself what he really wants out of his life? Does he want to go back to his life as a baseball player? Does he want to stay and be with the stranger that he believes he has fallen for, or does he want to do something different entirely?

This book was an inspiring story because it is easy to relate to. Everyone has something in their past that they want to forget, but sometimes we have to face the people that hurt us and forgive them. This is exactly what Zach does in this novel, and in the process he is able to forgive himself as well. This book also an example of how sometimes the path that people start on isn't always the path that they end up on. Sometimes people end up wanting something else, or other opportunities come up. What I also liked about this book is that even when Zach faced hardships in his life, he never gave up. He always looked on the brighter side and never gave up on himself. Zach was able to meet some new people that ended up having a major impact on his life, and he was also able to have a relationship with people from his past that he never though he would see again. The choices and the events that happen in his life end up making him a better person. There is always something that makes us want to be better, whether it is a person in our lives or just a specific event. For Zach, it is both.

One thing that I thought could have been added to this book is a little bit more excitement. Like I said, it was an inspiring story that makes you think. However, there just wasn't enough exciting events to keep me interested. It was probably just a little too sad for me, but that may be a plus for others. I also noticed a couple of errors, where the author wrote the wrong name. In a couple of paragraphs throughout the book he mentioned the name Sarah where he should have put the name Julie. That seemed to only happen twice. Otherwise, I didn't notice any other errors. This book wasn't really my type of book, which is why I probably won't be reading his first novel.

For anyone who is looking for a story about forgiveness, then I think this would be a good book for you to read. This is a good family book and a good book for teenagers to read. It would help them see that it is ok to be unsure about your career path because eventually you will realize what is important to you in life. It is a good example for young adults because it shows how important it is to forgive yourself for the mistakes that you make and to forgive others. Not everyone is perfect, and it is important to give people a second chance. It teaches good life lessons and shows the impact that our choices can have on our lives. It is always up to us to decide if our life is going to be a good or bad one. I always consider a book to be good when there is no language in it, and there was none in this book. So that was another thing that I really liked about Triple A Blues.

I give Triple A Blues 3 out of 4 stars. I didn't think it deserved a lower score because I think it will be a book that inspires others to make the right choices in their lives. However, I didn't give it 4 stars because it was a little too sad for me, and I thought there could have been more excitement, and there was a couple of errors. Otherwise, I truly believe that this is a good book for people to read. I think everyone can relate to the characters in this novel.

Triple A Blues
View: on Bookshelves | on Barnes and Noble | Hassle-Free Sample

Like csimmons032's review? Post a comment saying so!
Rachaelamb1
Favorite Author: CS Lewis
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... onwitch</a>
Currently Reading: Falling Star
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachaelamb1.html
Latest Review: "Dragon Born" by Ela Lourenco

Post by Rachaelamb1 »

I enjoyed reading this review. It sounds like a book with a very relatable message. Forgiveness is such a challenge and yet so freeing. I love to see positive books like this being written. Thanks for sharing!
Latest Review: "Dragon Born" by Ela Lourenco
csimmons032
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight and The Last Song
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 706
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csimmons032.html
fav_author_id: 2594

Post by csimmons032 »

It really did have an important message, which is why I would recommend it to others. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my review. I am glad that you enjoyed it.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”