How many of you having the habit of writing dairy?

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
pavithrathiva
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by pavithrathiva »

Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

Used to when I was a kid but not in recent years ... I was an angsty teenager :oops:
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
Gurkavitch

Post by Gurkavitch »

I tried it for a while but I just couldn't keep at it - too much of a commitment for me. Plus, I usually write to escape and keeping a journal (I prefer this title instead) would do the opposite.
Scarpuzze é gli appizamu au muro.
mouseofcards89
Favorite Author: Fyodor Dostoevsky
Favorite Book: Notes From Underground
Currently Reading: Precipice
fav_author_id: 9263

Post by mouseofcards89 »

The closest I come to writing 'dairy' is writing 'lapidary' aphorisms. I did keep journals at one time, but have gotten out of the habit.
"The world is a vampire/sent to drain/secret destroyers hold you up to the flames/And what do I get for my pains?/Betrayed desires, and a piece of the game."
RuqeeD

Post by RuqeeD »

I used to keep one when I was younger and then my brother who has no sense of privacy found it and read it and continued to tease me about it until I was forced to cold clock him (which I didn't regret one bit :lol:) but after that I prefer to keep my thoughts in my own head.
Maud Fitch
Favorite Author: Jasper Fforde
Favorite Book: The Eyre Affair
fav_author_id: 4856

Post by Maud Fitch »

Well, I've never kept a dairy but I have kept a diary over the years. After reading "Under The Tuscan Sun" by Frances Mayes, I was inspired to spice things up with recipes, labels, quotes, etc, within the pages (rather like a small scrap book) and it has enlivened my enthusiasm - but I don't write entries on a regular basis.
"Every story has three sides to it - yours, mine and the facts" Foster Meharny Russell
Jackosaurus
Favorite Author: Stephen King
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Jackosaurus »

I never really got the point of a diary. Plus I don't like to keep a paper trail of my thoughts.
love_aud
Favorite Author: Ray Bradbury
Favorite Book: Memoirs of a Geisha
Currently Reading: Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
fav_author_id: 2498

Post by love_aud »

I used to when I was younger, but I have found that I don't have that interesting of a life. So, I don't anymore. :roll:
Love Audrey, future photojournalist/writer :)
Vonta

Post by Vonta »

I used to be an avid diary keeper, but now not so much. Guess that's one of life's small interruptions.
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alynnpowers.html
Latest Review: Sarah's Dream by Eileen Bird
Reading Device: B0051QVF7A
Publishing Contest Votes: 13

Post by ALynnPowers »

My boyfriend has been keeping a diary/journal everyday for maybe 10 years.
Last New Years I made it my resolution to start doing the same thing. So I have written something in a diary everyday since January 1st of this year!

Return to “Writing Discussion”