Writing [ideas] notebook

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
Aileenhu
Currently Reading: Daisy Chain War
Bookshelf Size: 0

Writing [ideas] notebook

Post by Aileenhu »

I often write a lot of ideas for new pieces of writing. Sometimes I write a sentence or two that I should include. Sometimes detailed plots. Or maybe a title and a genre. A lot of the time, I end up not writing the story (no time and couldn't be bothered). Do you ever do this? Care to share some that you'll never write? It doesn't have to be a long story -it could be lyrics, a poem, a witty newspaper article or a play.

Here are some of mine:
  • The orange sunscreen (comedy)
    The Kite's Last Flight (a tragic friendship story where one of the people die + racism)
    Rock! - "My name is Lily G and I hate boring things"
    Don't Worry - "I tried to dodge his glare - my father's - who looked at me sternly and said, 'yer not going anywhere young man!' Too late, now I definitely won't be able to sneak to go out for dinner."
    Nonetheless meh TIMBE' (historical ... piracy)
    Give me your last word ... before you die (no idea, just sounds good)
I can't remember anymore, but I'll add some when I get my notebook.
:D Enjoy your day~
Francine

Post by Francine »

hello
thanks for provide me ideas about writing a notebook...
Regards
Francine
selina

Post by selina »

When you Write a notebook concentrate on it and your ideas, your ideas and thoughts are the drivers of your writing
Jimrada

Post by Jimrada »

I scribble thoughts and notes down whereever I can when they come to me. Sometimes it's an article idea. Other times it may a novel idea or a scene for a project I'm working on. The new ideas get put in a folder I have. If I'm ever looking for an idea, I'll pull the folder out. I've done this for articles. With book ideas, though, there is usually an idea that I'm excited about starting that I'll jump into when my current project is finished.

Also, I think it is always good to put these ideas aside for a bit. I've come back to many of them and reread only to wonder what I must have smoking to write it down as an idea!

Jim Rada
DanieRo

Post by DanieRo »

I usually always carry a notebook with me, it is something I have been doing since I was ten. The problem is I usually forget to write in it. And when I do take time to write in it, it's the times where I never have anything to say, and scribble "damn, nothing to write" in different variations, until I want to slap myself for being so boring.

Peace and Love,
D
ieeeproject

Post by ieeeproject »

nice creation
thanks for sharing such a valuable things
Quest for the Ark

Post by Quest for the Ark »

I found that when i was focused on writing a particular scene, during time off - driving my car or walking the dog, dialogue and ideas would roll through my thoughts. i found i had to carry a notebook to capture the full essence of what was unfolding from within - or i would lose most of it by the time i got back home.
Timpane

Post by Timpane »

The new concepts get put in a folder I have. If I'm ever looking for an concept, I'll drag the folder out. I've finished this for articles. With publication concepts, though, there is generally an concept that I'm stimulated about beginning that I'll leap into when my present task is finished.
SharisseEM
Favorite Author: Mia Sheridan
Favorite Book: Stinger
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharisseem.html
Latest Review: "The Bonding" by Imogen Keeper
fav_author_id: 3312

Post by SharisseEM »

I write whatever comes to mind that I can use for my stories. Lines, scenes, characters and the like. Then when I'm ready to flesh out an idea, I expand on it and put it in a file for that particular project. I'll add in things like character profiles and the plotting and etc. I try to always have a notebook with me when possible because I've had my phone fail me multiple times and my ideas that I type out will just disappear.
“I don't suffer from my insanity -- I enjoy every minute of it.”
Latest Review: "The Bonding" by Imogen Keeper
LivreAmour217
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livreamour217.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by LivreAmour217 »

I carry around a notebook in my purse, but the problem is that I write EVERYTHING in it--appointments, grocery lists, song titles from the radio...and oh yeah, writing ideas! The problem is that the notebook becomes a disorganized mess and whatever ideas I had get lost in the chaos. Perhaps I should carry more than one notebook? Of course, that might require getting a bigger purse!
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein

Return to “Writing Discussion”