Book on Biblical Illiteracy

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
JRThompson95
Currently Reading: The Stand
Bookshelf Size: 0

Book on Biblical Illiteracy

Post by JRThompson95 »

How interested would you be in reading a book on biblical illiteracy in the church and culture?

I am currently writing one with a coworker and just want to gauge what the interest level may be.
e-tasana-williams
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-tasana-williams.html
Latest Review: Monkey Mind Madness by Sharon Dorival
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by e-tasana-williams »

Can you elaborate?
Once you learn to read, you will be forever free ~ Frederick Douglas
JRThompson95

Post by JRThompson95 »

I am writing a book called Eager Men and Forgotten Words. It's about biblical illiteracy in the church a culture. It's 4 parts. Biblical Illiteracy in the Culture, Biblical Illiteracy in the Church, Creating Biblical Literacy in the Church, Engaging an Illiterate Culture as a Literate Church (Part titles are not finalized as those are mouthfuls).

I am focusing on the church aspect. In my first part, I am taking commonly misinterpreted scripture passages and laying out the false interpretation and the correct interpretation (obviously giving leeway on the non-essentials that can be interpreted differently), and then in the second part I will be explaining how to properly interpret Scripture (the process and resources needed).
e-tasana-williams
Currently Reading:

Thanks for the explanation.

I would be interested in reading on this topic. I don't know that I would want to read four separate volumes on it (if that's what you meant), but definitely the parts about how to interpret scripture. Scripture is so often misused, even within the church, that some guidance would be helpful.
JRThompson95

Post by JRThompson95 »

Oh yeah, it's going to be one book, just chapters separated into 4 parts. But they also won't be terribly long chapter. We are both first time writers, so it won't be a huge book.

-- 13 Jul 2016, 20:51 --

Thank you for your interest too. That helps to know there's at least an audience out there.
e-tasana-williams
Currently Reading:

Sure thing! I'd like to read it when you finish.
MJ Chantel
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mj-chantel.html

Post by MJ Chantel »

Interesting. What if any denomination would you focus on? What would be the time frame? And how are you going to qualify correct vs incorrect interruption of Scripture?

Return to “Writing Discussion”