Writing my thesis, any suggestions?

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
FC3
Bookshelf Size: 0

Writing my thesis, any suggestions?

Post by FC3 »

Hi! I'm desperately looking for a short story (min. 8000 words) or a novel similar to "The 13 clocks" by Thurber (just an example): I need a book with wordplay and puns, possibly not very famous because I'm going to translate it in Italian for my thesis and it has to be an unpublished work. Can someone help me, please? Thanks in advance! :)
TangledinText
Currently Reading: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookfix-blog.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks

Post by TangledinText »

I'd go on amazon and find the 13 Clocks then scroll down to the recommendations and click one that sounds interesting and that will recommend another set and you can travel through a few rounds till you get lead to the perfect choice. Below are two examples of the recommendations that were given that looked interesting. Good luck!

The Glassblower's Children
Maria Gripe

The Black Star of Kingston
S. D. Smith
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
KatherineEWall
Currently Reading: What We All Have
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherineewall.html

Post by KatherineEWall »

It has to be an unpublished work? Have you considered approaching the creative writing students at your school? Perhaps one of them would be willing to allow you to use their work. Good luck.

Return to “Writing Discussion”