How would you celebrate your novel being published?

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
Harpymichele
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: How would you celebrate your novel being published?

Post by Harpymichele »

I've been published three times now. The first time, I celebrated late, at my book signing. It was worth the wait. Having friends and fans join me in my sense of accomplishment was one of those moments in life I will not forget.

The second book, I sat with a friend and we toasted the new book over a glass of champagne. I had just released a music CD the same month and I was exhausted. Chilling with a good friend was a great way to celebrate albeit much smaller in scale compared to the first book.

My most recent book was edited by a good friend of mine. When it was published, it was a team effort worth celebrating. The publication was just as much hers at it was mine.

-- 27 Jun 2016, 14:57 --
Harpymichele wrote:I've been published three times now. The first time, I celebrated late, at my book signing. It was worth the wait. Having friends and fans join me in my sense of accomplishment was one of those moments in life I will not forget.

The second book, I sat with a friend and we toasted the new book over a glass of champagne. I had just released a music CD the same month and I was exhausted. Chilling with a good friend was a great way to celebrate albeit much smaller in scale compared to the first book.

My most recent book was edited by a good friend of mine. When it was published, it was a team effort worth celebrating. The publication was just as much hers at it was mine.
MarteenReadsBooks
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... vergent</a>
Currently Reading: The Female of the Species
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marteenreadsbooks.html

Post by MarteenReadsBooks »

I'd probably tell all my best friends, and watch intently if anyone bought my book. Once that gets boring or disappointing, I'd go watch some Netflix. Or read a book.
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MarisaRose »

I would definitely hope to celebrate in a way that doesn't involve the ER :D I'm fairly simple though, I would probably go out to a nice dinner with my family and maybe have a few drinks, nothing too crazy!
rosalyncaar
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosalyncaar.html

Post by rosalyncaar »

abithacker wrote:Assuming I would get a book published in the future, I would probably celebrate by making myself a large plate of cookies, a mug of hot chocolate, and then sit down and eat them while reading my book cover to cover.
Ha! I would like to steal this. Except I would add, reading in front of a warm fire to the list.
Ripley3131
Favorite Author: S.E. Sasaki
Currently Reading: reunion in death
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ripley3131.html
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
fav_author_id: 21099

Post by Ripley3131 »

I spent three days feeling numb, and kept the paperback version close to my bed so that I could see it each morning and know that I hadn't simply imagined the whole thing.
On the fourth day, I told my family and friends and shouted it out on Facebook.
I was so broke that I celebrated by thanking God, and inviting a good friend over to watch a couple of Netflix movies.
Eventually, I had a large book launch party that was well received, and very fun.
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

If I ever manage to publish one of my stories, I would celebrate by having a book party. I would get a cake that is designed after my book and get all kind of decorations that matches it well too. I would pass out samples of my book and read a few pages to the audience. Anyway, to summarize, I would throw a big party!
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald

Return to “Writing Discussion”