Poetry For Charity

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
Metomorpher
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 39907">The Bachman Books</a>
Currently Reading: The Sky Drifter
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-metomorpher.html

Poetry For Charity

Post by Metomorpher »

Hi guys!

So as you will see from my profile, I haven't been with you guys for long but I am already getting the impression that you are a community with awesome amounts of love, support, and creativity to give. Some of you may have heard of the vlogbrothers and will know about the project for awesome and those of you who don't... well you're just a google search away!
I have been spending most of my time on this website in the poetry forum, submitting and critiquing various works, and a thought has come to me, we could do allot with this.
The poetry I have been reading is powerful and I want to share it with the world! So, my proposal is that over the next year, I will collect poems from the poetry forum and create an anthology, in December of this year, we will promote the collection on youtube with all proceeds going to the project for awesome to decrease world suck!
Now, I will not collect/publish anything without permission and if your poem is chosen and you consent, it will be put under your screen name unless you say otherwise.
I want this project to be a reflection of the positive power of our collective creativity and heart, I sincerely hope you will join me on my mission!
The only thing left to do (apart from me collecting the pieces) is to decide what charity we wish to promote!

Return to “Writing Discussion”