Who will be doing Nanowrimo this year?

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
Butterbescotch
Bookshelf Size: 0

Who will be doing Nanowrimo this year?

Post by Butterbescotch »

NaNoWriMo is an annual (November) novel writing project that brings together professional and amateur writers from all over the world.
I'm going to give it a try. Just want to try it. Although all I got in my story is the opening line. Yea, but still want to try it.

Any one having intention in joining?
Last edited by Gravy on 08 Sep 2015, 01:21, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: sticky topic
Maud Fitch
Favorite Author: Jasper Fforde
Favorite Book: The Eyre Affair
fav_author_id: 4856

Post by Maud Fitch »

I totally love the concept and know many writers who have done it but I've never thought about doing it myself. Now is as good a time as any.....to be advised.....
"Every story has three sides to it - yours, mine and the facts" Foster Meharny Russell
El_greco

Post by El_greco »

any more info 'bout this project?

thx
‎"Sounds to me like Anthony junior may have stumbled on to existentialism." - " f****g' internet..."
Butterbescotch

Post by Butterbescotch »

Oh, Nanowrimo is an online event where anyone, who have internet access can participate. How? Well, you log-on to their website and you update your profile on how many words you have written. It is only for the month of November. The good thing about this is you can collaborate with other Nanowrimos say a buddy writer.

You can even search a Nanowrimo group in your region. Try it out. This will be my first time :]
Louie

Post by Louie »

I started NaNoWriMo on the first and I've gotten 12,000 words so far. This is my first one.

The timing wasn't so good, I have a lot of things that I'm doing now, but I thought with the deadline, I would be spurred on to try harder. It's working for me so far.

My book will be Steampunk, a genre that I have never tried.
nothing0829

Post by nothing0829 »

so in fact , I will come back again, hoope you will write more, tks so much
Booklover83

Post by Booklover83 »

Just found out about this and I am excited! I am 8 days behind....can I catch up? I have a great idea too! What does everyone think?
NancyJillThames

Post by NancyJillThames »

I'm in! I'm only 2.38 days behind, but there are still some hours left in this day! Fun!
Booklover83

Post by Booklover83 »

I think there is an internet site too! I will have to check it out after I finish my book tonight lol....:)
Timpane

Post by Timpane »

It is only for the month of November. The good thing about this is you can cooperate with other Nanowrimos state a buddy writer.
Eskatra

Post by Eskatra »

NaNo is one of my favorite things to take part in. This is technically only my second year, but I followed the website over the years, too afraid to really join in because I thought my writing was trash. ^//^
It does take place only once a year, but they also run what's called Script Frenzy in the spring, and they run a Young Writers Program as well. I was going to add the website in my post, but I can't because I'm too new of a member. But if you run a search in google for nanowrimo it will come up! (:

The month of November is almost over! How are people faring? I'm currently sitting at 37,284 words, roughly a day ahead of schedule. Throughout most of the month I was anywhere from 4-5 days ahead, but as I hit 35k, I started to slow down. I'm sick, and there's family stuff. Still planning to finish though!
bookmadgirlie
Favorite Author: Daphne du Maurier
Favorite Book: Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
Currently Reading: House on the Strand by Daphne du Maurier
fav_author_id: 2391

Post by bookmadgirlie »

Eskatra wrote:NaNo is one of my favorite things to take part in. This is technically only my second year, but I followed the website over the years, too afraid to really join in because I thought my writing was trash. ^//^
It does take place only once a year, but they also run what's called Script Frenzy in the spring, and they run a Young Writers Program as well. I was going to add the website in my post, but I can't because I'm too new of a member. But if you run a search in google for nanowrimo it will come up! (:

The month of November is almost over! How are people faring? I'm currently sitting at 37,284 words, roughly a day ahead of schedule. Throughout most of the month I was anywhere from 4-5 days ahead, but as I hit 35k, I started to slow down. I'm sick, and there's family stuff. Still planning to finish though!
I will definitely be doign NaNoWriMo 2012, and also Script Frenzy. It is going to be so much fun!
ameliadefield

Post by ameliadefield »

I loved the buddies system of Camp NaNoWriMo and thought I should start building my buddy list for NaNoWriMo this year! I am going to either be writing a new novel or revising my current sci fi / fantasy one. I think I have to rewrite the second half of it.

Anyway, who else is going to be taking the challenge? I'd love to hear about your proposed novel and see if we'd be good genre buddies!
neropanda

Post by neropanda »

I was waiting for this thread to pop up XD I'm doing NaNoWriMo this year. Well, at least I plan to. November is such an inconvenient month, though. It's so close to midterms for uni students, and for high schools, it's usually summative season around then :/ Don't get me wrong, it's super fun of course XD I'm so excited C: I think this year I'm going to try rewriting the one I wrote last year. I had a decent premise, but while I was writing it, I felt like I was wandering blindly through the pages. But after I wrote the ending, I realized the direction I really wanted to take with the piece, so this year, I'm definitely going to try and improve upon last year's WIP (which shouldn't be too hard considering my prose and character development and structure were all so meh :P) Oh, and it's a fantasy novel by the way. Is your current sci fi one from Camp NaNoWriMo?
ameliadefield

Post by ameliadefield »

My novel is actually from my first NaNoWriMo in 2010. I've been rewriting and revising ever since and I think I might be ready to publish in 2015. It is more of a science based fantasy (with the main characters being from another planet rather than a different realm or Earth) rather than a magic based fantasy.

I always like to encourage my siblings who compare my near final chapters to their starts by showing them the raw NaNo drafts. It is amazing how far you can come when you start revising.

Is your NaNoWriMo username the same as your name on here?

Best of luck to you regardless of whether you do NaNoWriMo this year. :)

Return to “Writing Discussion”