Who will be doing Nanowrimo this year?

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
tracey clark
Currently Reading: Stories in Green Ink
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Re: Who will be doing Nanowrimo this year?

Post by tracey clark »

Loverockers wrote:I vow to myself every year that I will join Nanowrimo, but somehow, when the time finally rolls around, I already have tons of other things to do. Ahh, oh well, someday maybe.
instead of waiting for nov to roll around each year, maybe start out with camp nano in either april or july... they are great ... you can set your own goal, if you don't feel you can commit to reaching 50k or stick with the same word count as nov nano, or even up it from the 50k ... all good...
Rhoe_Marrow
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhoe-marrow.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Post by Rhoe_Marrow »

This past November was the first time I have heard about Nanowrimo. I would like to give it a try. Never hurts to try right?
P_hernandez
Currently Reading: Miss Peregrines Home For Peculiar Children
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-p-hernandez.html
Latest Review: "Anna's Way" by D.F.Jones

Post by P_hernandez »

I love NaNoWriMo! I enjoy participating, even if nothing comes from it!
Latest Review: "Anna's Way" by D.F.Jones
jrjksn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jrjksn.html

Post by jrjksn »

I've participated both in 2014 and 2015. My first attempt didn't go as well as I hoped. I was determined to be a "planner" so I spent the majority of my time outlining my novel. There was a lot of plot holes and since I am a perfectionist that really bothered me. I only lasted a couple of days before deciding NaNoWriMo wasn't for me. However, when November of last year rolled around I was excited to give it another shot. I had not written for close to 4 years and was eager to get back into the practice. So, I adopted a plot and decided to be a "pantser". I did not plan a single thing and I actually had so much more fun that way that I ended up winning! I learned a lot from NaNoWriMo and now I've just been counting down the months until I can participate again. I was planning on doing Camp NaNoWriMo, but life got busy so I'm just waiting for November to roll around again. I highly encourage anyone interested in some day becoming an author and publishing your own book to give it a shot!
Leigh M Lane
Currently Reading: Mistborn
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Leigh M Lane »

I've written a 50,000 words in a month once, but I failed to do so the two times I enrolled in NaNoWriMo (although I did finish both novels, just not 50k in a month). It's fun to connect with other writers taking on the challenge, compare progress and all that. I'm still not sure if I'm doing it this year. Maybe....
Sophi57
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophi57.html

Post by Sophi57 »

I didn't get very far last year but I plan on trying again. Hopefully by then I'll have a new living arrangement and my roommate and I can keep each other working hard. This year is all about a stronger commit to both starting strong and finishing strong.
If your going to try it make sure you have a plan of where your story is going.
Joy V Smith
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Joy V Smith »

I'm not sure if I'm doing NaNoWriMo this year. I don't even have an idea yet, and I finished my last novel after the month was over. Sniffle. But it has certainly helped me with my writing. (I needed the discipline.)
jhmende
Currently Reading: The Bible
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jhmende.html
Latest Review: "Blowing Sandstorm" by Horace Crenshaw, Jr.

Post by jhmende »

I did NaNoWriMo last year. I reached the 50,000 word count, but only got two thirds of the way through my novel. I'm going to try again this year, and hopefully actually finish! :D
JanLeib
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janleib.html

Post by JanLeib »

I'm planning on doing Nanowrimo this year!!! I have my idea, although I haven't starting putting anything down in writing (or on computer). I've signed up with Camp Nanowrimo, but haven't received any communications from them - or am I supposed to sign in regularly to see what's going on? Also, I'm away on a seminar (completely non writing related) for about a week during November, so not sure how I'm going to manage to fit that in.
Joy V Smith

Post by Joy V Smith »

I finally decided on an idea; it's been floating around in my head, and I see that it has the potential to grow into a novel.
ModraWintruz
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by ModraWintruz »

I will be returning to NaNoWriMo after my fail last year - granted, I did have a baby in October so I had reason to struggle. Im looking forward to this year as it will be a break from all the non-fiction writing Ive been doing.
jhmende
Currently Reading: The Bible
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jhmende.html

Post by jhmende »

Hey, forum! So, I am going to be doing NaNoWriMo, or National November Writing Month, this year. If you don't know what that is, check this link out: (removed by mod) For those of you who are thinking about participating, I have a question: what do you lovely authors out there do to prepare?

Are you planners, or pansters? (Do you plot out your novel beforehand, do you wing it and just write without any idea, or is it a little bit of both?)

Do you research? Do you create character bibles?
Let me know!
Zaybrie
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Zaybrie »

I would really like to try it this year. I swear every year I am going to do it and then I don't. I tried it one year and got frustrated because I couldn't figure out the website very well. We will see.
Joy V Smith

Post by Joy V Smith »

Zaybrie, I thought about it for a few years before finally doing it.
Adrienne Dawn
Currently Reading: The Obsession
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adrienne-dawn.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Post by Adrienne Dawn »

I did it 2 years in a row and then I skipped last year. I think I will do it this year, because I have several stories wandering around in my head waiting to be let out.
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Return to “Writing Discussion”