Build Our Own Story (Game)

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
Skillian
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-skillian.html
Latest Review: "The Christ Killer" by Robert Attenborough

Build Our Own Story (Game)

Post by Skillian »

OK. This is pretty basic. It is a game I used to play with some of my friends in high school. Basically each person takes a turn adding a paragraph to the story.... and then we see what happens.

The rules would be that you need to let at least two other people contribute before you add in another portion. Sound good? OK I will start it off.

Felix thinks of himself as a pretty average guy. He goes to a typical boring pretentious private school, and lives in a boring suburb outside of Chicago. *BEEP BEEP BOOP BEEP BOOP* He groans awake and slaps his R2D2 alarm clock to the floor. He slowly sits up squinting against the morning sunshine. "Crap."
I love LOVE. <3
Indhira_Me
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-indhira-me.html

Post by Indhira_Me »

He slowly gets up from his bed rubbing his eyes trying to get the sleep out of his eyes. He could hear the noice coming from the kitchen downstairs and couldn't keep the small smile peeking out of his lips. His little sister had always had a loud mouth. She was asking for a sip for my mom's morning coffee today and she was being really stubborn. My mom was trying to tell her NO - as if that will make her shut up I thought and got up to get dressed.
In 15 more minutes I was in the kitchen reaching out for my favorite cereal while I saw my sister having a small mug filled with coffee in her hand. I could see that she hated the taste, so I tentatively asked her "How is the coffee, Liz?"
vadadagon
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Harry Potter series
Currently Reading: Emma
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vadadagon.html
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by vadadagon »

"Bleh! It taste horrible." Liz answered. Felix laughed remembering only too well his own first experience with coffee. He could still only drink it by putting copious amounts of sugar and milk. Regardless of his experience he responded "That's because it's only for grown-ups". To which his mother snorted almost choking on her coffee and getting a coughing fit as a reward.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife."

Mrs. Bennet
Skillian

Post by Skillian »

Felix reveled, but only for a moment. His mom interrupted, 'How is it you are JUST waking up NOW? You do this everyday! Why must you always wait until the last minute. You are going to be late..' Felix walks out of the house rolling his eyes, giving Liz a pat on the head on his way out. Even she seems a little sore with him, but that melts away into a smile. He can still hear his mom ranting from outside. He looks down at his watch and lets out a guffaw. He is actually earlier than normal.
I love LOVE. <3
vadadagon
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Harry Potter series
Currently Reading: Emma
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vadadagon.html
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by vadadagon »

Although, earlier than normal he's still running late. Thankfully he's the one that opens the store in the morning and there is usually no one there before 10:00am. Except, today is not a normal morning and when he arrives he finds a line of at least 20 people waiting outside the store. "What the hell?" he mumbles to himself as he hurries to open the store.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife."

Mrs. Bennet
Skillian

Post by Skillian »

(Alright I am omitting the two other people must post before you post again rule. hehehe.)

"About time!" an angry man yells upon seeing Felix. "Ummm... good morning. Just a second," he replies as he struggles with his keys. He gets the door open, and the man pushes him aside allowing a steady flow of people in. Felix stands there dumbfounded for a minute before he shouts, "What is going on?!"
I love LOVE. <3
Blacklion

Post by Blacklion »

Feel free to leave a comment (good or bad) and/or participate in the poll.
It doesn't even have to be about the service, it can be about selection, shipping costs or the structure or the site's usability or anything.

Return to “Writing Discussion”