How much did you write today?

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
Braktooth
Currently Reading: I'm Tired Of Racism
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-braktooth.html
Latest Review: Skills of the Warramunga by Greg Kater

Re: How much did you write today?

Post by Braktooth »

Not much, about 600 words. I`ll get another 300 I guess. It`s not much, but better than nothing.
zeldas_lullaby
Favorite Author: ---------
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3452">The Thorn Birds</a>
Currently Reading: The Last Stonestepper
Bookshelf Size: 79
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of Forever Twelve

Post by zeldas_lullaby »

I added to my word count, but the goal was to revise. I went through 72 pages of text (small pages, based on paperback size and large font), and I made a lot of progress toward focusing the storyline. I think it still needs some work, though.

-- 01 Jul 2015, 20:47 --

Today, I'm officially 10,000 words short of a book.

-- July 22nd, 2015, 12:56 am --

Hey, I wrote 1,500 words today! A triumph. It was a more productive day than I thought it would be. :-)

-- August 23rd, 2015, 11:37 pm --

Hey, guys. Anyone else getting any writing done lately? I'm looking over my current volume #8 and making a timeline for it. I want to add a few thousand words to complete it, so a timeline will help me figure out where to fill some gaps. So I haven't achieved anything as per word count, but that might happen tomorrow!
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alynnpowers.html
Latest Review: Sarah's Dream by Eileen Bird
Reading Device: B0051QVF7A
Publishing Contest Votes: 13

Post by ALynnPowers »

Are you guys still writing? I have a goal to write a 40k word book by the end of the month! Fingers crossed!
SoulDreamer26
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-souldreamer26.html

Post by SoulDreamer26 »

In the previous couple of years, I don't think I've written as much as I hoped to. However, I feel like ever since I started college last year, I became fond of doing it at least for five to ten minutes every day. Whenever I write, I strive to at least do 10 pages.
P_hernandez
Currently Reading: Miss Peregrines Home For Peculiar Children
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-p-hernandez.html
Latest Review: "Anna's Way" by D.F.Jones

Post by P_hernandez »

Today I've finished a short story I've been working on. So that's good!
Latest Review: "Anna's Way" by D.F.Jones
MaryJones

Post by MaryJones »

I will start today's writing at night.
prospero1501
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prospero1501.html

Post by prospero1501 »

For the last twenty years, I wrote very sporadically, and as a result it took me twelve years to write 600 pages. I don't do this anymore. Every day, I sit down and force myself to write something. Even if it is just a few lines a day, they do add up in a relatively short amount of time. I have one book in a notebook that I bring with me to work, and I spend my entire lunchtime writing as I eat. At home, I work on my novella series. Either way, if you want to finish a book, you must work on it as often as you can, whenever you can. You will have to make sacrifices of your free time that you'd rather spend on watching television. This is the brutal truth all writers must face. Write every day, even if it's very little. After all, that novel won't write itself.
Kanishma
Currently Reading: Holding Fire

Post by Kanishma »

I've been writing a book from a month and have got to over 11 chapters, but now I'm kinda lacking the inspiration to write. I don't wanna stop writing it, cuz the book means a LOT to me, but I can't even find a way to inspire myself to write it down....any ideas?
adria_charles
Currently Reading: The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up
Bookshelf Size: 268
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adria-charles.html
Latest Review: "Turka Bella" by Jonathan Feldman

Post by adria_charles »

I wish I had the time to write each and every day. Sadly, the most writing I do is on these forums as of late. When I write a story, or just what's on my mind, I like to have silence, serenity, and peace. My life doesn't really have any of that... until I am laying in bed and the house is dark and quiet and I am sleeping. :lol2:

I would sit and try to squeeze in a few minutes of writing each day or through out the week but the problem is I am easily irritated when disturbed and being a stay at home mom usually includes lots of disturbances. I do like to keep a journal around me just in case something pops in my head that I don't want to forget for a story idea or a thought I want to explore more in writing when I have the time.

I measure my writing progress by how I am feeling. If I feel satisfied than I am making good progress. I don't like to measure by how much I have written because sometimes I will only get a paragraph or two and feel complete with my writing for the day.
Latest Review: "Turka Bella" by Jonathan Feldman
archylove
Currently Reading: Midnight Soul
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-archylove.html

Post by archylove »

I wrote a entire chapter in my book today, my fingers are sore! but I love it, now I'm snuggling down to finish a book I started reading last night!
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

You want to know something funny? I write more on here than I do with my manuscripts! The reason for that is because I'm going through a long writers block phase that's lasted a few months now. I hope soon that I can get back in action!
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

I don't have time to write daily. What I do is whenever I have time, I write as much as I can
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
Rodel Barnachea
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code&reg;
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

Most of the writing I have done is in short bursts and through replies in the forum part of this site. I find reading about other writer's thoughts, problems, etc. helpful and relatable.
Rodel Barnachea
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code&reg;
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

ALynnPowers wrote: 09 Jun 2016, 04:27 Are you guys still writing? I have a goal to write a 40k word book by the end of the month! Fingers crossed!
I know that it has been more than four years, but I hope you have completed that. I am assuming you have, so congratulations @ALynnPowers!
Samuel Windybank
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mr-wimbaum.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Samuel Windybank »

I’ve actually been finding it really hard to write lately. I work full time and I’m pushing myself to read more, because from what I’ve heard you have to be an accomplished reader to be an accomplished writer. So, reading is taking up more and more of my time lately.

Return to “Writing Discussion”