Anyone have any experience with Amazon Inde. Publishing

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
SwagolaCola
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-swagolacola.html

Anyone have any experience with Amazon Inde. Publishing

Post by SwagolaCola »

I'm a teen girl and I am working on a story that I would really like to get published. I looked up on Google some ways to publish books, and I stumbled upon the Amazon Independent Publishing page. I thought it was a cool idea, since you could publish physical books and e-books. I was a little bit skeptical about the process though, so I was wondering if anyone knows anything about Amazon Independent Publishing. If any of you have had any experience with this process, or is familiar with it, then can you please describe it for me? Thanks in advance.
ALynnPowers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alynnpowers.html
Latest Review: Sarah's Dream by Eileen Bird
Reading Device: B0051QVF7A
Publishing Contest Votes: 13

Post by ALynnPowers »

I have done it and it's pretty easy. Relatively. The thing is, you are in charge of everything and there will be literally NO ONE else helping you out. That means all of the cover art, descriptions, summaries, EVERYTHING comes from you. I recommend starting at Create Space first to make a paperback version of your book, and they even have a cover designer you can use on there if you don't have any graphic design experience to make your own cover. Create Space is connected with Amazon, so after you get your paperback version ready for publication, they can send your cover to Amazon KDP, which makes it a lot easy for you over there. Just make sure you have an account at both sites.
Just make sure that your book is well edited before you submit it. No one wants to read books with bad grammar/punctuation/spelling/etc. And don't plan on setting your prices too high.

Return to “Writing Discussion”