Pencil or pen?

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
Emmers00
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmers00.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Re: Pencil or pen?

Post by Emmers00 »

Pen, its easier to read years later.
Who being loved, is poor?-Mother Theresa
alauddinkaka
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by alauddinkaka »

Both are writing element. But pen writing is permanent.
chumki_pattanayak
Currently Reading: The Shadows in the Street
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chumki-pattanayak.html

Post by chumki_pattanayak »

its a pen always for me. it is much more convenient you don't have to worry about the graphite making your writings blackish. and in the long run words written with pencils becomes blurry. a pen, preferably royal blue gel is all I want.
Aadila
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aadila.html

Post by Aadila »

It's a pen for me. I don't enjoy writing with pencil. I prefer a black pen.
NE1CanBAReader
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ne1canbareader.html

Post by NE1CanBAReader »

I've always used pencils. Ticonderogas are the best. I do agree that pens are very smooth but i make way too many mistakes. And I hate seeing all the scribbled out spots, With pencils I always go back and I can erase cleanly.

My sister Heather loves pens because you never have to worry about it being dull. I actually prefer my pencils to be dull so I think she's just crazy.
KNewton
Favorite Author: Not possible to list
Favorite Book: Not possible to list
Currently Reading: A Bone To Pick (Aurora Teagarden, #2)
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-knewton.html

Post by KNewton »

Pens! I have an unhealthy pen collection.
There is something so satisfying about putting pen to paper and making eloquent letters come out to form words and sentences and paragraphs, etc. I think part of the romantic notion of being a writer is the act of putting actual pen to paper...watching the ink form thoughts on paper. Also, it feel my writing style is more thought out and final when I write with a pen.
[*]How Fear of the Unknown Hinders the Development of Informed Decisions by Dr. Seuss[*][/color]
hannahbm13
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 920">Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone</a>
Currently Reading: Doctor Who: Winner Takes All
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannahbm13.html
Latest Review: "The Last City of America" by Matthew Tysz

Post by hannahbm13 »

I love writing in pen. It shows the flow of your ideas rather than just what you actually end up writing, which I think is beautiful. Also, pens are much smoother, and more permanent, and I just love that.
Latest Review: "The Last City of America" by Matthew Tysz
angdap213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angdap213.html

Post by angdap213 »

I prefer pen. I'm more tempted to change what I write with pencil but pen allows me to keep writing and for my thoughts to roll freely.
RainbowJumpers
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... Sanctum</a>
Currently Reading: An Abundance of Katherines
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by RainbowJumpers »

Usually I used pencil but don't bother to erase things if I'm really going at a story, instead crossing things out.. its kinda reassuring to know you could erase if you wanted to. When i edit, i then use a red pen.
Dezu44
Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dezu44.html

Post by Dezu44 »

PEN.
Definitely. I love the permanence of a pen. And, aesthetically, it always makes my handwriting look nicer. Plus, I find that pencil tends to smear and I find erasing to be irksome.
sdurica
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sdurica.html

Post by sdurica »

I like writing in pencil, I started writing when I was very young and my mother, who is a writer, gave me a pencil and told me that I can create anything I wanted with it. Since then I always write with a pencil.
Mariar3
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariar3.html

Post by Mariar3 »

Pen. I stopped using pencils in grade 9 and the only time I used them was for drawing and sketching.
maddi_higgins
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maddi-higgins.html

Post by maddi_higgins »

Most of the time I prefer a pen because when I write first drafts a usually go really fast and it gets messy and i don't have to worry about going back to rub things out I just scribble over and I also don't have to worry about sharpening the pencil. Plus when I use pencils they rub on my hand and give me blisters.
MadelynNicole
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4">Ender's Game</a>
Currently Reading: Mark of the Remaker
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madelynnicole.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MadelynNicole »

Between the two probably pen. I just like how the ink stands from the page. Though to answer the unasked question of which method of writing I prefer most, typewriter. I love the sound.
98jazzy98
Favorite Author: Emily Bronte
Currently Reading: Invisible Man
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-98jazzy98.html
fav_author_id: 2494

Post by 98jazzy98 »

I love writing in pen, I feel like it improves my penmanship a great deal. I don't like using just any pens, though, I love using the crazy assorted colors. That way, when I'm taking notes or something, it's more appealing for me to look at, and it makes studying easier!

Return to “Writing Discussion”