Coffee or Tea?

Welcome to The Book, Cook, and Crafts, the place where lovers of cooking can share cool recipes, get advice on cooking techniques and tips, recommend great cooking books, and chat about food. Also, members can discuss crafty things here.
lindell
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Coffee or Tea?

Post by lindell »

Lots of coffee! With a little milk.
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

bookwrm22 wrote:Tea! Moriar-tea! (hoping someone gets the reference)
Moriarty perchance?
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
hiluhriehope
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hiluhriehope.html

Post by hiluhriehope »

I am so addicted to coffee it's not even funny.

My morning ritual is basically the same as my pre-writing ritual: Make a cup of coffee, and then sit on the back step and smoke a cigarette (although I am trying to kick that nasty habit.)

If I have the money for it, I love Starbucks above all else. I always get a Triple Venti Cinnamon Dolce Latte, with an extra pump of syrup. Not so good for my weight-loss plan, but so good for my soul. :)

If it's house coffee, I make Starbucks Espresso Roast, with a generous amount of Peppermint Mocha creamer, no sugar. I always have my coffee in one of two Starbucks cups (are you noticing a trend here?) I have a Valentine's Day coffee cup that's white, with a red handle and a red ampersand on the front that says 'You. Me.' on the inside. My other go-to coffee cup is a Starbucks anniversary cup that is blue and green with a mermaid tail and all sorts of beachy details. I love them.
I have a huge thing for coffee cups.

I do also drink tea, but usually it's at night to relax. I love Tazo green tea, and Sleepytime Sinus Soother. I don't add anything to them. I have a cute little tea cup and saucer that's white with delicate blue flowers. I have no idea where it came from. I think it just appeared in my cupboard one day, but I love it.
Amheiser
Currently Reading: Freedom
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amheiser.html
Latest Review: "Beginners only dance book" by Allen g darnel

Post by Amheiser »

I like to be comfortable when I write so curling up in a comfy chair with a cup of nice warm tea in the winter or ice tea in the summer makes me more comfortable. I'm kind of an energetic person so I don't really need coffee for stimulation. Besides,I love the smell of coffee brewing but I get sick when I drink it so I'll just stick with my tea.
Latest Review: "Beginners only dance book" by Allen g darnel
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I like both. I drink my tea without a milk and my coffee with a milk. I usually drink 2 cups of coffee per day (morning and afternoon).
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Carabosse
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carabosse.html
Latest Review: "Seven Years (Tales from the Backwoods, Story 1)" by Backwoods

Post by Carabosse »

I used to drink a ton of coffee, but now I have bad reactions to anything caffeinated. It has to be fruity herbal tea for me, hands down.
Latest Review: "Seven Years (Tales from the Backwoods, Story 1)" by Backwoods
KS Crooks
Favorite Author: Matthew Reilly
Favorite Book: Voyage of the Dawntreader
fav_author_id: 7607

Post by KS Crooks »

Can't stand tea and I detest coffee even more. I love hot chocolate, yet I don't have to have one every morning or have anything in particular in order to start writing beside free time. To me it would feel too much like relying on something other than myself, which is something I tend to stay away from.
Himmelslicht
Favorite Author: Gabriel. G. Marquez
Favorite Book: One Hundred Years of Solitude
Currently Reading: Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-himmelslicht.html

Post by Himmelslicht »

I love both!
But if I have to pick one I'll pick coffee because I'm already addicted to caffeine and if I don't have my two daily coffees I have a migraine to the moon and back.
"Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world."
- Gustave Flaubert
fifthmayfly
Favorite Author: Rick Yancey
Favorite Book: The Hot Zone and Divergent Series
Currently Reading: The Wolf Princess
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fifthmayfly.html
fav_author_id: 3497

Post by fifthmayfly »

Passionflower tea for me, never coffee.
Lei101

Post by Lei101 »

I love black tea ( or any tea really) but i dont put any sugar or sweet stuff (eww). I also aways take a shower before writing... it just has to happen.
Tabbycat42

Post by Tabbycat42 »

I am a coffee drinker. Love my Keurig machine. I like to have a good cup of coffee before I start writing (like Green Mountains Dark Magic Roast), and then have another cup in hand while I write. Good music and a good cup of joe are extremely helpful for my writing process.
Keana

Post by Keana »

I don't mind a regular cup of coffee with creamer and sugar, but I'm more of a "'cino" person: cappuccino, frappuccino. Oh, and let us not forget the beautifully delicious caramel macchiato! However, when I'm writing, I can not take the caffeine. There's so much of it in every cup and I have a petite build, so rather than being alert and ready to work, I'm bouncing off of the walls.
Tea doesn't usually do anything for me when I'm writing. I usually drink it to relax. On the other hand, there is a movie by the name of "Something's Gotta Give" (Diane Keaton and Jack Nicholson) where Diane Keaton is a playwright. Her character introduced me to setting the mood for writing. She would sit at her desk that overlooks the beach/ocean and play French music (it was a French play) to insert herself into the story alongside her characters. If I were setting the mood for a writing session (depending on the work), tea would be my beverage of choice.
Tabish khan

Post by Tabish khan »

I neither drink coffee nor tea.
TLGabelman
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tlgabelman.html
Latest Review: "Kendra" by Grant Kniefel

Post by TLGabelman »

@Tabbycat42 i adore my keurig also!! And I second your vote for Dark Magic it is one of my faves! Trying to cut back on my coffee addiction is hard. Right now down from 3 20ozs a day to 2, but I also drink decaf.

-- 05 Jan 2015, 05:48 --

Of course im also a bit obsessed with coffeemate sugarfree pumpkin spice creamer. I bought 6 of them last time I went because I know they are seasonal and soon i won't be able to find it.
“When I was your age, television was called books.”
― William Goldman, The Princess Bride
Latest Review: "Kendra" by Grant Kniefel
Tabbycat42

Post by Tabbycat42 »

I tried cutting back once also. It didn't take. I will have to try that sugar free pumpkin spice creamer. Sounds delicious.

Return to “Book, Cook, and Crafts”