Do You Blog?

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published
Forum rules
If you have spelling or grammar questions, please post them in the International Grammar section.

If you want feedback for poetry or short stories you have written, please post the poem or short story in either the Creative Original Works: Short Stories section or the Creative Original Works: Poetry section.

If you have a book that you want reviewed, click here to submit your book for review.
mallyview7
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mallyview7.html

Re: Do You Blog?

Post by mallyview7 »

I have blogged before when I was working as a reporter, but I found it to be a little dry because of the content I was covering. I think I will begin blogging again more creatively. I have also been reading about how to use blogs in marketing, to market small businesses, and in social media marketing.
EllieThomos
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by EllieThomos »

I don't blog but i write everything for newspaper.
Jolyon Trevelyan
Favorite Author: Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Bookshelf Size: 10
fav_author_id: 2563

Post by Jolyon Trevelyan »

No i don`t
A mistake is simply another way of doing things
authorrustynugent
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 9452">Star Wars Return of the jedi</a>
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by authorrustynugent »

Yes, I blog on many different blog sites. (^_^)
zanderlyrose
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zanderlyrose.html
Latest Review: "Sweet Sleep" by Kim Cormack
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by zanderlyrose »

I just started blogging. I am hoping it will help me focus, as well as give me an outlet for creative ideas. I would love any suggestions/help on how to get started blogging and how to put myself out there.
Latest Review: "Sweet Sleep" by Kim Cormack
Jojowrites4All
Favorite Author: L.A. Banks
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2847">The Great Gatsby</a>
Currently Reading: Hidden in Plain Sight: Revelation of the Sons of Yah
Bookshelf Size: 514
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jojowrites4all.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 8337

Post by Jojowrites4All »

I'm seriously considering a blog 101 class.
~ A Lack of Preparation on Your Part - Doesn't Constitute an Emergency on My Part~
Naledi

Post by Naledi »

I don't blog yet... I just need to find a vision for my blog and then carry it out.
heidiodie123

Post by heidiodie123 »

I have two blogs. I run a health and wellness blog called Holistically Heidi and a quirky, fun blog called The Queen Of All Things Random.
Holistically Heidi has a few posts so far, but I was going through some health issues and had to put it on hold for a bit. I plan on starting up again soon, and posting Mon, Wed, and Fri.
I haven't yet really started The Queen Of All Things Random, as I wanted to get the first blog running smoothly before starting up this new for-fun blog. But I plan on writing Tues, Thurs., and Sat. and basically keeping it completely random; posting weird facts and off-the-wall funny information that I find while stumbling awkwardly around the web.
I'm very excited about them both and have a lot of passion to write both of these blogs. I have complete confidence that they will be a wonderful outlet for my writing needs.
~H
Threadend
Favorite Author: Sylvia Plath
Currently Reading: Hawkeye, Vol. 1
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-threadend.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 7000

Post by Threadend »

I blog daily. Usually about disability theory and disability activism within the community. I find it enjoyable, and I learn quite a lot every day. I find it helpful for me to be "vocal" with in the community as it leads me to far more discoveries about others and myself.
Carey Barfield
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Carey Barfield »

I blog because I like writing. I write about the books I read and the music I listen to.
mylittlesofy

Post by mylittlesofy »

Yes, I do. I blog on WordPress and Tumblr.
Dezu44
Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dezu44.html

Post by Dezu44 »

I do not blog. I'm part of the tech-savvy generation (I'm in my 20s) but I find that I'm not very good at social networking so I don't blog. I had a blog for a short time but it felt strange to have an empty website and just had no idea what to post or who would see it--and would they even like it? Would people I know, find it and read it? Too many unanswered questions for me to comfortably continue blogging.
tgocha
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tgocha.html

Post by tgocha »

I don't have a blog yet, but I have been considering starting one. I recently had a life change that is giving me more free time to bring back my school passion of writing. I'm a little rusty so I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to blog yet!
quadbrookie
Favorite Author: More than one
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quadbrookie.html
Latest Review: "Darker" by Michael Stephenson
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by quadbrookie »

I am trying to go at it alone: finding a free blogging site, one that is simple to setup, (e.g. Tumblr.) is not. I also marked in my preferences that I didn't have a blog, but I would like to have help starting one. Has anyone else received assistance in starting a blog from this website? :(

-- 28 Aug 2015, 23:21 --

I am trying to go at it alone: finding a free blogging site, one that is simple to setup, (e.g. Tumblr.) is not. I also marked in my preferences that I didn't have a blog, but I would like to have help starting one. Has anyone else received assistance in starting a blog from this website? :(
Latest Review: "Darker" by Michael Stephenson
Ramona
Favorite Author: Too many...
Currently Reading: Burn Zones
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ramona.html
Latest Review: "My Life In The Dirt: Adventures Of A Suburban Organic Farmer" by J. Don Bell
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by Ramona »

I don't have a blog, but I'd like to. Just wondering about the time it would take... and if I'd run into a lot of writer's block if it were on a daily basis.
Numbers 6:24-26 The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.
Latest Review: "My Life In The Dirt: Adventures Of A Suburban Organic Farmer" by J. Don Bell

Return to “Writing Discussion”