Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Writing » Writing Discussion

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

How to Promote Your Independently Published Book or Ebook

Discuss writing, including writing tips & tricks, writing philosophy, writer's block, etc. If you have grammar questions, marketing questions, or if you want feedback on a poem or short story you wrote, please use the corresponding forum below.
Featured Topic: How to Get Your Book Published

Re: How to Promote Your Independently Published Book or Eboo

Post Number:#91 by Blacksheep69
» 08 Mar 2017, 05:20

Hello, my question is somewhat unusual...I have published my life journey under a pseudonym for obvious reasons if you read it . My book is my adoption journey and features loved ones who are unaware I have used writing as my therapeutic outlet for some years . So my question is (and now I have a very famous fan and reader of my work) I want to catapult my book to the next level now its on the market BUT how can I do this and still remain anonymous? Please dont say I cant as I wont find that especially helpful....Looking for advice as to how I can promote it as my blog already attracts many followers who tell me its a great help and resource to adoptees and adopters alike
Thanks in advance! :lol: :techie-studyingbrown:
Blacksheep69

Bookshelf Size: 0 books
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Post Number:#92 by hhhsquare35
» 13 Mar 2017, 05:25

A good article giving insight into how to promote Independently published book or Ebook.
hhhsquare35

Currently Reading: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Bookshelf Size: 10 books
Goal Completion: 0%

Post Number:#93 by Barbara Dominick
» 15 Mar 2017, 12:30

Great information. If I had this info before I published I could have saved myself some frustration. Writing was the easy part, publishing-- a bit of a challenge, but marketing is off the chart. Seems authors have to be proactive with time, money, energy and other resources in order to meet the challenges. This is an enormous learning experience for me and I appreciate all these tips.
Barbara Dominick

Bookshelf Size: 0 books

Post Number:#94 by Jaime Lync
» 26 Mar 2017, 13:34

Thanks for this well informed article Scott. I am currently working on my first fiction novel that I hope to publish in the not so distant future. I know I am getting ahead of myself but I am already thinking about how I should go about publishing the book.
Jaime Lync

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 12 Books
Goal Completion: 200%

Post Number:#95 by CaitlynLynch
» 21 Apr 2017, 04:31

I've been self-publishing for a little over 2 years now and I believe I can say with confidence that it's 95% in the marketing. You don't even have to write well. I reviewed a book by an author who shall remain nameless, who self-published, who managed to get it into the Top 100 on Amazon... the Holy Grail for traditionally published and self-published alike. It was the worst pile of unreadable tosh I've read in a long time, and judging by the reviews, a lot of other people thought so too. Yet other people kept BUYING it!
The only thing I can put it down to is that she had a hella good marketing plan going on.
CaitlynLynch's Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
CaitlynLynch

Currently Reading: Self-Publishing Books 101
Bookshelf Size: 3033 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device:
2017 Reading Goal: 300 Books
Goal Completion: 88%

Post Number:#96 by katiestardis
» 25 Apr 2017, 15:17

Thanks for the tips. I'm getting ready to self-publish my first book and will keep these things in mind.
katiestardis

Currently Reading: Wintersong
Bookshelf Size: 323 books
Reading Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Goal Completion: 0%

Previous