JillADDison
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Overall Rating and Opinion of Inferno

Post by JillADDison »

Liked this Book :) Wanna read soon.
SRenee

Post by SRenee »

I had high expectations for the newest Robert Langdon adventure, and although it wasn't too disappointing, I was not as enthralled with this book as I was with the others. Like all of his Robert Langdon books, Brown evokes a controversial topic and provides an exciting fictional illustration of how the issue could come to light and it's effect on society. The topic of over population and population control was very interesting and how Brown decided to have the villain control population growth the way that he did was thought provoking, in the least.

The pace of the book was great, very exciting, and the way Brown introduced characters throughout the book was always interesting and sometimes surprising. The big "reveal" of who the characters were and the role they played was, at first, surprising and exciting but then I became disappointed by how everything transpired to get to that point. However, Brown's skills for fiction writing shined through the events that transpired to get to the character reveal and I eventually found it to be quite clever. I was pleased, overall, with how the book ended and I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a fast-paced adventure that incorporates history and literature to discuss a contemporary societal issue/question.
Sally Balboa
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sally-balboa.html
Latest Review: "The Last Daughter of Lilith" by J.L. Metcalf

Post by Sally Balboa »

The DaVinci Code is one of my all time favorite books, I'll be trying to get my hands on Inferno so that can actually have a relevant opinion here.
Latest Review: "The Last Daughter of Lilith" by J.L. Metcalf
TJsmama
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tjsmama.html

Post by TJsmama »

I enjoyed the first two, Angels & Demons and The Da Vinci Code, but like a previous poster stated, the Robert Langdom books have become formulaic. They're still entertaining as hell though and I do love the fast pace, crazy conspiracies, and the inclusion of art/history that I probably wouldn't bother to learn about elsewhere.
amansmith
Favorite Author: Patricia Briggs
Favorite Book: Alpha and Omega and Highland Moonlight
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amansmith.html
Latest Review: "My Journey To Hell (Novelette)" by John D.Ottini
fav_author_id: 4314

Post by amansmith »

I liked the book. Dan Brown is actually on of my favorite authors, but this book did take me a little longer to read than the others because I had problems focusing on the book. Angels and Demons was my favorite and my opinions have not changed.
Latest Review: "My Journey To Hell (Novelette)" by John D.Ottini
soccerstar95
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soccerstar95.html
Latest Review: "Introducing The Helmholtz Resonators" by The Helmholtz Resonators, illustrated by James Lightfoot

Post by soccerstar95 »

Inferno followed the same pattern of the Robert Langdon series. It was better than the last book and I would recommend it. Overall, an interesting read with a somewhat unexpected ending.
Latest Review: "Introducing The Helmholtz Resonators" by The Helmholtz Resonators, illustrated by James Lightfoot
kbangs
Currently Reading: Arctic Warriors
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kbangs.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 6

Post by kbangs »

Read Inferno but admit that it was a struggle...got to the point where it became a yawn...Brown is gifted, no question about that. BUT...enough already...ridden this horse to the death...change or just go ahead and serialize this theme... sigh...
Miss read-alot67

Post by Miss read-alot67 »

I really wanted to like this book. The jury is still out for me because I haven't read the whole book but the fact that it has taken me 4 months to read half the book speaks volumes to me. In the interim, I've read at least 10 books and listened to 3 audiobooks. It's been a struggle and I was hoping my fellow readers would convince me to get back to the book because it's worth the journey but so far the reviews have been mixed. I liked Brown's previous books so I'm not giving him up as an author but this book may be a "thumbs down" for me.
jordantyler91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jordantyler91.html

Post by jordantyler91 »

With this novel, I began to see a definite repetition on Dan Brown's story lines. Beside that, it took me until half way the through the novel to really get into it because of the sheer enormity of art references, some of which had nothing to do with the text. The only reason I gave this 3 stars is because of the plot twist at the end and I even saw that coming because it is in every other Robert Langdon novel (I just guessed the wrong person and motives). Not sure I will pick up the next one...
pavanmore

Post by pavanmore »

I recommend the book.
I am big fan of Dan Brown .

My rating 3 star .
Elaine_18
Currently Reading: In Custody
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elaine-18.html

Post by Elaine_18 »

The story line feels like a rehash but I liked how Dan Brown incorporated the problem of overpopulation in this book (and how people are now more aware of it after reading the book).
tired01
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tired01.html

Post by tired01 »

Not sure how i vote - where do I find the buttons
EvieHanlon
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eviehanlon.html

Post by EvieHanlon »

I've only just started reading it and was getting a bit disheartened with it. After reading the comments above, I'll persevere with it..
miztree46
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miztree46.html
Latest Review: "Deadly Secrets" by Robert Boris Riskin

Post by miztree46 »

Dan Brown made some very profound statements in the book but I thought that there should have been more character interaction. This story seemed as if it was a lecture. I was disappointed that Inferno wasn’t as exciting as The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons. I give it 3 out of 5 stars.
Latest Review: "Deadly Secrets" by Robert Boris Riskin
DickDatchery
Favorite Author: Shakespeare
Favorite Book: Crime and Punishment [Dostoevsky]
Currently Reading: The Bleeding Edge [Pynchon]
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dickdatchery.html
Latest Review: "XIANNE" by Jayce Grayson
fav_author_id: 9655

Post by DickDatchery »

I haven't read anything by Dan Brown except the Da Vinci code. I liked how he mixed a good story line with history and problem-solving in that book, and I would like to read another Dan Brown. If anyone has read both "Inferno" and "Angels and Demons," which one would you most recommend?
Latest Review: "XIANNE" by Jayce Grayson

Return to “"Inferno" by Dan Brown”