Review by Reet Aulakh -- Escape by Belle Ami

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Reet Aulakh
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reet-aulakh.html
Latest Review: "Hello, My Love" by Evy Journey

Review by Reet Aulakh -- Escape by Belle Ami

Post by Reet Aulakh »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Escape" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Escape by Belle Ami is a romantic thriller. Layla Wallace and Cyrus are the main characters of the story.

Layla Wallace is a Harvard doctoral student. She is a very beautiful young girl. She goes to Dubai with her boyfriend to meet his parents. On the second night of her trip, some people kidnap her and her boyfriend and she gets separated from him. The kidnappers put her in a prison in Tehran, which is very dangerous. Being an American, she is tormented a lot in the prison.

Cyrus is a very handsome and dedicated spy. His life revolves around his duty. He is assigned two tasks. The Jalal ordered him to either get some information from Layla or kill her. Second, he is assigned a job to get Layla out of Tehran safely. He gets Layla out of the prison and tries to save her from all the problems. Amid their escape, Layla and Cyrus fell in love with each other. Cyrus hesitates to show his feelings for Layla at first, but then he opens his heart to her and shares his feelings of love with her.

Would Cyrus be able to save Layla from Jalal? Would they be able to escape Tehran and reach Israel safely?

Escape is an elegantly composed romance book. I would give it 4 out of 4 stars. All the characters of the novel are very strong. I liked Cyrus’s character the most. He is very true to his duty. He is depicted as a true man in the book. His love for Layla melts my heart. He loves Layla with all his heart and does everything to save her. He is emotionally very strong. There are many steamy scenes in the book. The scenes are well explained. The plot of the book is extremely intriguing. The twists and turns in the plot give a profundity to the story. The chemistry between Layla and Cyrus is very well depicted in the novel. The theme of the book is well satisfied by the story of the book. Cyrus and Layla try to escape from Tehran throughout the book.

I did not find any grammatical errors in the book. The language of the book is easy to read and understand. It is the debut novel by the author. I enjoyed reading this book. It was very difficult for me to keep the book down without completing it. I enjoyed the climax of the book a lot. The way Layla and Cyrus fight with Jalal and his men hooked me towards the book. The story changes suddenly after the climax, because of which the book turns out to be all the more interesting.

I would like to read more from the author. I would recommend this book to all the people who like to read romantic thriller. Also, this book can be read while a journey.

Escape
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like Reet Aulakh's review? Post a comment saying so!
KlareAllison
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klareallison.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel

Post by KlareAllison »

I think your review of Belle Ami's Escape is enlivening, Reet Aulakh. The characters of Layla and Cyrus are very interesting and drive the narrative well. Also, I think the storyline is quite impressive.
"Sometimes I find myself sitting in one spot for hours, staring at nothing, feeling nothing, and most disturbingly, caring about nothing".

- Mahbod Seraji, Rooftops of Tehran
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel
Reet Aulakh

Post by Reet Aulakh »

KlareAllison wrote:I think your review of Belle Ami's Escape is enlivening, Reet Aulakh. The characters of Layla and Cyrus are very interesting and drive the narrative well. Also, I think the storyline is quite impressive.
Thanks for your appreciation. :)
Arushi Singh
Currently Reading: Walking In Blind: A Collection of Poetry
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arushi-singh.html
Latest Review: "Drive East Until You Hit An Ocean" by J. Walter Swartz and Richard Waite

Post by Arushi Singh »

This is a beautiful review! :D
Latest Review: "Drive East Until You Hit An Ocean" by J. Walter Swartz and Richard Waite
Reet Aulakh

Post by Reet Aulakh »

Arushi Singh wrote:This is a beautiful review! :D
Thank you :D
readandsmile
Currently Reading: Boom! A Revolting Situation
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readandsmile.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by readandsmile »

Nice review. The sounds interesting to read to read on. I wanna try, I feel the thrill while reading your review. Nice book as well.
Reading is an antidote for...
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
juliusotinyo
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotinyo.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by juliusotinyo »

Good work. This is a genre I don't read much from. Your review piqued my interest.
Reet Aulakh

Post by Reet Aulakh »

Yea, this is a very good book. The story of the book is very interesting.
Shirazi Cat
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shirazi-cat.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by Shirazi Cat »

I'm afraid I'm not particularly fond of romantic thrillers, to use your apt description of the book, but I like the review you've given here. Thanks.
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Reet Aulakh

Post by Reet Aulakh »

Shirazi Cat wrote:I'm afraid I'm not particularly fond of romantic thrillers, to use your apt description of the book, but I like the review you've given here. Thanks.
Thanks for appreciating the review :)
Astrophil
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Astrophil »

This is a good review.
Reet Aulakh

Post by Reet Aulakh »

Thanks for your appreciation. I am glad that you liked it.
Snowyy

Post by Snowyy »

The review is well written. I liked your review. This is an amazing book. I have read it myself and enjoyed reading it.
Reet Aulakh

Post by Reet Aulakh »

Thanks for appreciating the review. How many ratings would you give to this book?
Snowyy

Post by Snowyy »

I would also give it a 4 out of 4 star score. This book is worth it.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”