Lord Of Chance by Erica Ridley

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Lord Of Chance by Erica Ridley

Post by Birdlady1950 »

STORY-LINE LORD OF CHANCE BY ERICA RIDLEY

Lord Of Chance, book 1 in the new series Rogues To Riches, filled with emotion and drama, grabs the reader immediately. Anthony Fairfax, gambler, man about town, and provider for his family, finds himself in Scotland gambling and winning big; maybe he will be able to pay his earlier gambling debts. Anthony owes a ton of money to a gambling hell; they want their money or he's going to debtors prison. However, fate has other plans for Anthony. After lady luck smiled on him all night, he could not imagine losing the huge pot; yet, fate steps in and the unimaginable happens in the blink of an eye.

Charlotte Devon, ran from her home in London traveling to Scotland to find a father she has never met. Escaping a life of humiliation and mental torment, she seeks acceptance from her father. As fate would have it, Anthony and Charlotte are staying at the same inn. When Anthony allows Charlotte to enter the game of chance, neither realized their lives would change forever. Through a set of unfortunate circumstances they are leg shackled/married under Scottish law. Will Charlotte have to give up her dreams of security and acceptance from a father she has never known? Will debtors prison claim Anthony? Can romance bloom between these two? Come along with Charlotte and Anthony as they travel the road of love, loss, guilt, insecurity, and redemption.

My reviews for regency romance novel, Lord of Chance, follows.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, DEVELOPMENT:

Author Erica Ridley created a wonderful beginning to her new series, Rogues To Riches in Lord Of Chance. The story-line's intriguing with two main characters the reader comes to know and love quickly. As a result, I became invested in their lives and how they would resolve their problems; rooting for them all along the way.

Ridley crafted Anthony's character with caring, a winsome personality, fortitude, and morals; he's a first class hero for Charlotte. Although a gambler, Anthony shoulders responsibilities few in the ton know of. His life has been huge abundance and then days without food or money when Lady Luck turned her back. Anthony learned early in life how to care for his family as the bread-winner; members of the ton did not work. Gambling was Anthony's means of providing for his family. Ridley skillfully portrayed how addictions grab an individual and take over their life. Though all his tribulations and trials, Anthony still maintained a caring outlook on life. Ridley gave Anthony a wonderful personality and the perfect foil for Charlotte. Anthony's a sigh worthy hero.

I felt so sorry for the life Charlotte had lived; from the time she could understand her situation, she knew she was different. Ridley skillfully revealed Charlotte's craving for security and acceptance; she had always been an outcast. To live a life of ridicule from childhood, was traumatic and degrading. Ridley's writing was so clear and vivid, I could feel Charlotte and Anthony's emotions, as a result, my emotions ran high as I read of their lives and ambitions. Both main characters, Anthony and Charlotte, were looking for acceptance and security; it was wonderful to watch their characters grow and mature as the story progressed.

Finally, in concluding my reviews for regency romance novel, Lord Of Chance, I found a solid story-line with well-developed characters and pacing smooth and steady. Ridley wove all the threads of her story-line together forming a first class regency romance. Lord Of Chance has well crafted love scenes between husband and wife; I did not find them offensive as they were not explicit or erotic. Also, as the story progressed, I saw opportunities, openings, and characters for future books. I would not hesitate to buy this book for my self or a friend.

LORD OF CHANCE RECOMMENDATION: STARS 4

As usual, Ridley has crafted a first class regency romance which provides hours of entertainment; perfect for an afternoon of relaxation in your favorite chair. In addition, I found Lord Of Chance suitable for young adults and adults. I look forward to the next novel in this series.

FINALLY, PLEASE NOTE:

Additionally, I purchased this book and chose to voluntarily review the book with an honest reviews for regency romance book/novel, Lord Of Chance. Lastly, book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book review author’s opinion. Consequently, all book reviews on-line and on my blog, are my opinions. No one influenced by voluntary reviews for romance novel, Lord Of Chance.
Moniquejm
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 2759">What is and isn't Working for the Alcoholic and Addict</a>
Currently Reading: Small Change
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moniquejm.html
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger

Post by Moniquejm »

Very informative review. Now I got an idea regarding the content of the book.

-- 30 Apr 2017, 17:47 --
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”