Any Way You Want It By Monique McDonell

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Any Way You Want It By Monique McDonell

Post by Birdlady1950 »

STORY-LINE ANY WAY YOU WANT IT BY MONIQUE MCDONELL:

Author Monique McDonell created a sweet heart warming romance in Any Way You Want It. It is an entertaining light read which will hold your attention. Grab a comfortable seat because you will read this book straight through. Chloe ran from her former life, a member of a strict religious cult, straight into the arms of an unprincipled man. Shy, introverted, naïve, and unworldly, Chloe ran when she realized what he was. Finally finding a home with her Uncle in a small close-knit town, Chloe runs the local ice cream parlor after his retirement.

Moose, AKA Tom, knew Chloe's special from their first meeting. Unsure how to get Chloe's attention, Moose shows up just as the nightmare from her former life appears. She has a stalker, who is ugly and vindictive, with plans to make her life miserable. Chloe's terrified and thinks she's all alone in her fight; she finds Moose and the town have her back. Will shy introverted Chloe find happiness with outgoing extroverted Moose? Can Chloe overcome her insecurities to grab life with both hands?

Come along with Chloe, Moose, and the community as they fight evil, bring justice to Chloe, as well as, find happiness and love along the way. My reviews of romance novel, Any Way You Want It, follows.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, DEVELOPMENT:

Although a well crafted romance novel, McDonell filled this story with emotion and life lessons. McDonell enables the reader to see life in a strict religious cult from the view-point of a participant. I did not realize how religious cults cloister and restrict their members. I felt so sorry for Chloe as she struggled to adapt to the outside world and our strange ways. Chloe's has strength at her core, even though she's frightened and introverted. Enter, our hero, Moose. He is every woman's dream man; strong, yet gentle, wise, smart, a true gentlemen, but not without his own flaws. Moose is definitely sigh worthy. It was great to find our hero's not perfect, but had his own medical disorder which affected his life; McDonell let us have a look into dealing and living with his disorder.

McDonell developed her characters fully and the story-line held my attention from the first page. I found the pacing correct for the length of book as McDonell transitions from one scene to another without starts, stops or jerky prose. The secondary characters add depth to the book and show a slice of life in small town USA; where everyone knows your business. Not only are they busy bodies, but the community in a small town takes care of its own; watching their back. I enjoyed meeting the residents and coming to know them.

The romance between Chloe and Moose developed slowly; McDonell did not rush our characters into a relationship. Rather she gave them time to know each other and slowly progress to a long-lasting intimate relationship. Moose is a man to keep; he is willing to put aside his own feelings and needs to give Chloe the time she needs to adjust and accept. Finally, in concluding my reviews of romance novel, Any Way You Want It, I found a solid well-written romance filled with a variety of emotions. Although the novel has mild love scenes, I did not find them offensive or graphic, but tastefully crafted. Oh, and let's not forget Elvis, as in Elvis Presley, what a hoot that was.

ANY WAY YOU WANT IT RECOMMENDATION: STARS 4

In addition, I would not hesitate to buy this book for my self or a friend. Any Way You Want It is a relaxing, easy to read book, perfect for a lazy afternoon of light reading. I recommend this book to young adults and adults.

FINALLY, PLEASE NOTE:

Additionally, I received this book from the author chose to voluntarily review the book/novel with an honest reviews for romance novel, Any Way You Want It. Furthermore, book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book/novel review author’s opinion. Consequently, all book/novel reviews on-line and on my blog, are my opinions. Furthermore, no one influenced my voluntary reviews for romance novel, Any Way You Want It.
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

This is a nice review. It gives me an idea of what to expect from the characters. This is recommended to those who want to relax since the theme is light.
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”