Official Review: No Greater Love by Eris Field

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jeyran Main
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeyran-main.html
Latest Review: "Stalking The Shadows" by BJ Edwards

Official Review: No Greater Love by Eris Field

Post by Jeyran Main »

Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

[Following is a review of "No Greater Love" by Eris Field.]

There is no greater love when two people meet under the most unusual circumstances. As fate works against them, their desire to be together is compromised yet their hearts remain bonded forever. This is a romance novel written about a Turkish immigrant named Janan and a Dutch psychiatrist named Pieter.

Pieter has journeyed all the way from Amsterdam to Western New York to find out if he has cancer. Once in America, he decides to see his friend and mentor, Carl. He resolves in buying a bottle of premium Dutch as a gift to give Carl. At the liquor store, Pieter bumps into a beautiful woman named Janan and is instantly smitten with her Circassian beauty. After Pieter arrives at Carl’s house, he notices that the same beautiful woman he met in the liquor store also works and often lives at Carl’s home. That is where he realizes that Janan is not only beautiful, but she is also intelligent, loving and has been through a traumatic life growing up. Pieter learns that her family was killed in the 1992 earthquake in Turkey.

It is confirmed that Pieter has leukemia. This type is curable only if he goes back and battles the sickness with many painful procedures. This also means that he has to say goodbye to Janan. Before he leaves, they spend a night together sharing eight kisses of seduction. After Pieter is gone everything about this story becomes even more twisted and interesting.

Janan faces some seriously troubled times after they part, and Carl is there to help her. However, the support comes with a high price. This jeopardizes any chance of Pieter being able to pick up where he left off, and the dramatic twists and turns of the story reveal a semi- sweet ending to this loving tale.

What seemed to be a comfortable and steady beginning to a romance novel, became a very in depth book discussing racial issues, immigration, and various political matters. Although I noticed a few editing mistakes within the book, it did not take away from the richness of its literary standard. The love between the two characters was written in a genuine way. However, it left me puzzled when they just separated without deciding to continue communication. There was nothing said or done commitment wise, in order to suggest that the relationship meant more than just a one-night stand. However, the story then carried on acting as if they were somehow promised to each other.

I believe that some of the main characters in the story could have benefited from a bit more substantial backstory. I felt that the side characters were given more explanation and description than the lead characters. Janan was an exception to this as she was one of the lead characters and was given a fair amount of content, which consequently managed to pull the story together.

The layout of the book and the connectivity between the paragraphs was very smooth. I found the plot to be well scripted and I appreciated the real kind of affection this book portrayed. There was no Hollywood romance where everything just happens to fall in place. Instead, the story was as realistic as you can get. This made the book relatable and authentic. I believe that alone made this book pleasing to read and a much better romance novel than others out there. For all the reasons above, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to anyone that likes romance novels and the kind of love that is real.

No Greater Love
View: on Bookshelves

Like Jeyran Main's review? Post a comment saying so!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I'm glad this wasn't the typical romance that doesn't often happen in real life. Those types really turn me off. This sounds like it has real depth to it. Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Jeyran Main
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeyran-main.html

Post by Jeyran Main »

Thank you so much for commenting. I know what you mean. I dislike ones that you can already perdict. I appreciate you reading my review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”