Some Other Time By Charlotte Symonds

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Some Other Time By Charlotte Symonds

Post by Birdlady1950 »

STORY-LINE SOME OTHER TIME BY CHARLOTTE SYMONDS:

In Some Other Time by Charlotte Symonds, the reader meets 3 ordinary people. People, who through a common event, find their lives changed forever. Madison single mother, left as an empty nester when her daughter goes to college, receives a letter when opened will tear her world apart. Asher, newly divorced, has decided to change his life and find fulfillment and love which have been missing from life for years. Will his plan come to fruition? Bryant has life by the tail; a beautiful lover he loves, he's loved in return, a best friend who's also his partner, and a successful career. Then fate turns the tables on him and changes his wonderful life.

What do all 3 have in common and how does it relate? As each tell their story, secrets and events are revealed. Grab a seat and a beverage, my contemporary fiction novel review of Some Other Time follows.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, DEVELOPMENT:

First, let me say, if you have not read Charlotte Symonds books, you are missing a tremendous treat. Each one's filled with drama and deep human emotion. Some Other Time's no different! Grab the tissue box as you begin this wonderfully crafted contemporary fiction. Few authors grab me and almost wrench my heart from my chest, as Ms. Symonds does; with a box of tissues and a pot of tea, I always read her books straight through.

That said, I must say, what a heart breaking emotional story-lines revealed as each character tells their story; this is an intense character driven story. I did not start to cry until almost half way through the book. At that point I couldn't hold my tears or feelings in check any more. All I could think was how strange life really is, it goes round and round in an endless circle; meeting, loving, and parting. Symonds wove the threads of this story tightly together to form a solid heart tugging story-line.

With twists and turns, the reader's kept on their toes as they followed Madison, Asher, and Bryant, You read of a life altering event and it's impacts on each of them. I actually said, What! at one point. Then I went back and re-read to make sure I had read what I thought I had. Emotions run at fever pitch in this story as we follow of the lives of these three. Although filled with secrets and guilt, this story's also about redemption and forgiveness for self and others. Life has a way of turning on a dime and righting its self. Symonds writing is clear and concise with a smooth pace and well-developed characters. I found myself relating to each of them as their story's told; revelations, secrets, guilt, and relationships revealed.

Finally, in concluding my review of Some Other Time, as I closed my e Reader on this book, I found myself reflecting on life, decisions made, and the results which can last a lifetime. Yet unknown forces in their infinite wisdom can give that same life another chance in another way or some other time. Symonds produced a thought-provoking story-line, well-written with well-developed characters and romance. Furthermore, Symonds has no need of sex in her books as her story-telling and writing skill alone carry the stories and Some Other Time's no exception. I would not hesitate to buy the book for my self or a friend.

SOME OTHER TIME RECOMMENDATION: STARS 5

In addition, when I started reviewing books, I gave a lot of 5 star reviews; each well-earned. Over time, I realized I was doing an injustice to the books which were exceptional in writing, premise, pace, structure, and characters. I am now more discriminating and give only 4 or fewer stars unless a book's exceptional. Some Other Time received 5 well-deserved stars. Do I feel it is exceptional in writing, premise, pace, structure, and characters? Without a doubt the answer is a resounding yes.

FINALLY, PLEASE NOTE:

Additionally, I purchased this book with a gift certificate and I voluntarily chose to review the book with honest reviews for contemporary romance fiction novel. Hence, book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book review author’s opinion. Consequently all book reviews on-line and on my blog, are my opinions. Furthermore, no one influenced my voluntary reviews for contemporary romance fiction novel.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”