The Dukes Wicked Wager(1-4 Collection) By Isbella Thorne

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

The Dukes Wicked Wager(1-4 Collection) By Isbella Thorne

Post by Birdlady1950 »

Regency Romance: Promise Me (4-in-1 Book Boxed Set): The Duke’s Wicked Wager Collection (The Duke’s Wicked Wager Sweet and Wholesome Regency Romance Series 6)

STORY LINE; THE DUKE'S WICKED WAGER (1-4 COLLECTION) BY ISBELLA THORNE:

In The Duke's Wicked Wager (1-4 Collection) the reader follows Lady Evelyn Evermont and George, Duke of Pemberton's romance, along with her brother Frederic and his inadvisable liaison with Adele, an actress. Lady Evelyn, an avid horsewoman, is in mourning from loosing of her father and fiancé. Frederic's determined to marry her off to solve his money problems; Evelyn's incensed , as the money he desires comes with a man as old as her father, Lord Lush. George, Duke of Pemberton, fast friends and cohorts with Frederic sits on the side lines watching. But not for long, as we follow the story from book to book. We find George fascinated, Evelyn falling in love, Frederic horrified, and Adele, a friend Evelyn needed badly. Wagers occur, reputations in peril, injuries, secrets revealed and romance brews.

Included in The Duke's Wicked Wager (1-4 Collection) are following books: Promise Me A Handful of Horses, Promise Me Daring, Promise Me This Dance, and Promise Me Your Heart. Come as Evelyn and George must make decisions which affect both of their lives forever. My reviews for regency romance novel, The Duke's Wicked Wager (1-4 Collection) follows.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, DEVELOPMENT:

Firstly, I loved having all four books in one collection. Secondly, Thorne easily transitioned from one story-line to the next. As a result, smoothly and with skill crafted each story to end and start at a given point, giving the story-lines cohesiveness.

Thorne's characters, well-developed and typical of the time period, give the reader a look into the recreational activities as well as the status, structure of family, and inheriting. Giving Evelyn an out spoken attitude, perhaps was not as typical for this time period, however, it gave the story spirit as she and George fence around each other. Adele's character was perfect as the person who sees all sides, yet, has her own opinion. Don't get me started on Frederic. He was a dog in the manger character; Throne did a very good job of representing the drunk gad about town playboy of that time period. Frederic was willing to use Evelyn to solve problems of his own making, and then continue on as he had. What a cad! Creating a sweet personality in Adele, the reader also, receives a glimpse into the regency attitudes towards the acting profession.

Finally, in concluding my reviews for regency romance novel, The Duke's Wicked Wager (1-4 Collection), I found the story-lines did not dragged, transitioned smoothly, and skillfully crafted. I read this book straight through. A clean relaxing regency romance, Thorne's characters were interesting and believable. Could an actress enter the noble regency home? Whether they could or not, in fiction the author's allowed leeway with historical facts. I enjoyed my time with these characters and look forward to seeing them again in future books.

THE DUKE'S WICKED WAGER (1-4 Collection) RECOMMENDATION: STARS 4

I greatly enjoyed this collection and would not hesitate to buy this novel for my self or a friend. I found The Duke's Wicked Wager (1-4 Collection) a clean, easy to read relaxing book suitable for anyone who enjoys regency romances.

FINALLY, PLEASE NOTE:

Additionally, I voluntarily received this book as gift and I voluntarily chose to review the book with honest reviews for regency romance novel. Hence, book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book review author’s opinion. Consequently all book reviews on-line and on my blog, are my opinions. Furthermore, no one influenced my voluntary reviews for regency romance novel.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”