With Good Intentions: A Historical Romance novella

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

With Good Intentions: A Historical Romance novella

Post by Birdlady1950 »

With Good Intentions: A Historical Romance novella (Secret Identity Book 1)
clean wholesome romance

STORY-LINE WITH GOOD INTENTIONS:

Author Jo Huddlestons latest novella set in 1959, With Good Intentions', a clean sweet satisfying romance. When big corporation meets small business owner, the sparks fly along with deception. William Wainworth, son of CEO Oscar Wainworth, finds himself sent to Conroy, Alabama. Wainworth's, in negotiations for a block of businesses, has one hold out. William's instructed to persuade the owners to sell the hole-in-the-wall ice cream parlor, regardless of how long it takes.

William has a plan to gain the confidence of the two women, mother and daughter owners. He decides to use a false name and occupation, befriending them at the ice cream parlor. Upon meeting Jean, the daughter and co-owner, William's struck dumb. Attraction flares on both side.

"Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive". How will William tell Jean his real name without loosing her trust? Can their budding romance survive his deception? Can the fact his intentions were good, win over Jean? My historical romance novel review of With Good Intentions follows.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, DEVELOPMENT:

Firstly, I must say, as usual, Jo Huddleston created a sweet, clean, wholesome romance. Huddleston's talent and writing skill allows the reader to feel the emotion and attraction of her characters without the use of sex or foul language. Secondly, skilfully plotting of the story-line and development of her characters, keeps the reader invested in her characters and story-line.

Will never gave thought how he would extricate himself from his lies when he began his deception. We rarely see the repercussions of our actions beforehand, which Huddleston skillfully shows. Huddleston demonstrated how one lie always call for another. As well as, demonstrating how complicated our deceptions become as they grow.

With well-developed characters, realistic and believable, I felt I would befriend Jean had she really existed. Jean's character is sweet, hardworking, with integrity and morals. Instilled by her parents with the principles of honesty, she's slow to forgive if betrayed. Also, Will, a good man who made an unwise decision, must untangle the web he has created. With skill Huddleston, wove all the threads together to form a completely satisfying romance and resolve the story-line.

Finally, in concluding my historical romance review of With Good Intentions, I found an entertaining, relaxing, and satisfying novella. I would not hesitate to buy this book for myself or a friend.

WITH GOOD INTENTIONS RECOMMENDATION: STARS 4

In addition, at 121 pages, this novella's just right for an afternoon of relaxing reading. I found With Good Intentions, a wonderful, clean, easy to read novella, suitable for anyone who enjoys a clean well-written romance.

FINALLY, PLEASE NOTE:.

Additionally, I received a kindle gift and purchased this book choosing to voluntarily review the book with an honest historical romance novel review. Furthermore, book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book review author’s opinion. Consequently, all book reviews on-line and on my blog, are my opinions. No one influenced my voluntary historical romance novel review of With Good Intentions.

-- 06 Mar 2017, 20:14 --

I should have left off kindle just stated a gift.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”