Official Review: Accept this Dandelion by Brooke Williams

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Official Review: Accept this Dandelion by Brooke Williams

Post by AA1495 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Accept this Dandelion" by Brooke Williams.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Review: Accept this Dandelion by Brooke Williams

Renee wants the job of a morning radio show host at the station where she works. However, she is told that she is not popular enough for the role. When her co-worker signs her up for the audition of a local version of ‘The Bachelor’ (wherein 12 women compete for the love of one man), Renee accepts it, viewing the show as an opportunity to rise in fame.

Ben has always been portrayed as a playboy, with a different woman by his side at every event. While he is doing this show primarily to change his public image, he is also hoping to find true love. Renee catches his attention when she picks Dandelion as her favorite flower, in her audition for the show. Intrigued by her answer, Ben names the TV show ‘Accept this Dandelion’ and insists on Renee being a part of the show. However, she just cannot seem to do what is expected of her. She is clumsy and is clearly the underdog in this competition.

How will Ben react to Renee’s antics? While there is mutual attraction, how will the presence of 11 other women affect their feelings? Will Ben chose her? Even if he does, what happens when Ben becomes aware of Renee’s motives behind auditioning for the show?

Accept this Dandelion, which is titled after the TV show’s name, is a sweet and clean romance book. Unlike most romance books that I have read, this book has no cheating (although Ben is technically dating many women at once through the show) and has very little drama. There are no complications in the plot and overall, it is a sweet and quick read.

I have read many romance books, but I have never come across a female protagonist like Renee. While she was witty, courageous and had very strong opinions, she managed to mess things up all the time. While I found this amusing for most parts of the book, there were times it became irritating and repetitive. However, it was nice that she could take things in her stride and make fun of herself. As a reader, you can either love her character or hate it. Her character is what makes the book unique and your opinion of her personality will determine your reading experience.

On the other hand, Ben seemed caring, practical, and to a certain extent, impulsive. While he is likable, he is not a memorable character. There are many secondary characters, and each character is relevant to the plot. While their personalities are described, none of the secondary characters have their own individual stories. The book may have been more enjoyable to read if there was a sub-plot involving some of these characters.

Overall, the book seems like a summary of the show from Renee’s perspective. Occasionally, the author includes Ben’s perspective, to show his thought process behind some decisions. Most events and surroundings have been described well. The book is easy to understand and follows a good pace. It seems professionally edited and has been formatted well. While the plot is predictable at times, the author’s writing style and Renee’s personality make the book interesting to read.

I would rate the book 3 out of 4 stars. I enjoyed reading the book and found the female protagonist unique. Most of her antics are amusing and kept me interested in the book. However, the plot is predictable, which made the book less memorable for me. There is no mature content in this book. I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a quick and light-hearted romance book.

Accept this Dandelion
View: on Bookshelves

Like AA1495's review? Post a comment saying so!
Jessica Samuelsen
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessica-samuelsen.html
Latest Review: "Raquel Says (Something Entirely Unexpected)" by Mois benarroch
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Jessica Samuelsen »

I'm looking for a quick Light-hearted read! Always! This sounds perfect! I'm going to have to look into this book. Thanks for sharing!
Latest Review: "Raquel Says (Something Entirely Unexpected)" by Mois benarroch

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”