The Shifter's Nanny By T. S. Ryder

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

The Shifter's Nanny By T. S. Ryder

Post by Birdlady1950 »

STORY-LINE THE SHIFTER'S NANNY:

In The Shifter's Nanny, we find Rose Doctor applying for a nanny position for the first time in 5 years. After leaving an emotionally abusive relationship, Rose needs a job and she has a degree in child care. Arrriving at Devon McGullicuddy's for an interview, Rose finds the handsome panther shifter needs a nanny for his baby girl. Neither of them are looking for a relationship or love. However, fate has different ideas.

As their relationship builds, an old trauma in the form of a rabid stalker will appear on the scene to throw a monkey wrench into the works. Come along with Rose and Devon as they fight their feelings, fight an evil stalker, and find a love worth waiting for.

My shifter romance novel review of The Shifter's Nanny follows.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, DEVELOPMENT:

Firstly, let me say, how much I enjoyed this short intense book. Most shifter novels are full of explicit sex, I must commend T. S. Ryder for using prose rather than sex to sell this story. Secondly, although a love scene does occur, it is tasteful and well-written without being offensive.

With twists and turns, Ryder kept my attention as I was led through Rose and Devon's journey. Setting a fast pace which remained smooth throughout, I became enmeshed into Ryder's shifter world. With an original concept of humans and shifters living side by side, I found this refreshing as most novels have the shifters hidden from humans.

Ryder created a character in Rose which grew throughout the book from an insecure afraid young woman to a confident woman who knew her own worth. The change in Rose is dramatic and wonderful to see.

Ryder does not shy away from the issues of emotional abuse and stalking, rather meets these issues head on in this book. I found the police attitude towards the victim, unfortunately, true to form in many cases.

Finally, in concluding my shifter romance novel review of The Shifter's Nanny, I found a well-written original story-line with well-developed characters. I would not hesitate to buy this book for my self or a friend.

THE SHIFTER'S NANNY RECOMMENDATION: STARS 4

In addition, I found The Shifter's Nanny suitable for young adults and adults due to the subjects of stalking and abuse.

FINALLY PLEASE NOTE:

Additionally, I received this book from the author and chose to voluntarily review the book with an honest shifter romance novel review. Lastly, book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book review author’s opinion. Consequently, all book reviews on-line and on my blog, are my opinions. In addition, the ARC did not affect my voluntary shifter romance novel review.
Jessica Samuelsen
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessica-samuelsen.html
Latest Review: "Raquel Says (Something Entirely Unexpected)" by Mois benarroch
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Jessica Samuelsen »

I love sex scenes that are not offensive. I am not familiar with shifter novels though I've been seeing them around lately. Thanks for sharing your review!
Latest Review: "Raquel Says (Something Entirely Unexpected)" by Mois benarroch

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”