The Dowager's Mail Order Husband By Helen Christian

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

The Dowager's Mail Order Husband By Helen Christian

Post by Birdlady1950 »

Christian Historical Fiction

STORY-LINE THE DOWAGER'S MAIL ORDER HUSBAND:

The Dowager's Mail Order Husband is an emotional heart wrenching story. Mary Hedgepeth's life has been abuse, drudgery, pain, and want. After the death of her abusive husband, Mary is thrown out of the big house into a cabin. She is now a widower and a dowager. Here she tries to forge a life for herself. She has no idea how to farm or grow her food. She is barely hanging on.

When her husband's brother, Richard, comes home, she is frightened but also attracted to this handsome kind man. Richard is the opposite of his contemptuous brother. Richard is kind godly man who finds in Mary everything he has ever wanted.

Will Richard and Mary be able to overcome the abuse she has suffered? Can happy ever after really exist for Mary? What does God have in store for Mary and Richard?

Grab a comfortable seat, my christian historical romance novel review of The Dowager's Mail Order Husband follows.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, DEVELOPMENT:

Although a short novella, I found this book satisfying. Novella are different than their parent the novel, as they can not explore the depth of emotion and story-line of the longer novel. However, Christian, filled this book with emotion from the first pages. I could feel Mary's desperation and fear as she faced a long winter and then Richard, an unknown element added to her life. I could feel her want as she came to know the goodness of Richard.

The plotting was in line with the length of the novella, and held a smooth and steady pace although the story ended abruptly. In concluding my christian historical romance novel review of The Dowager's Mail Order Husband, I found a short satisfying read.

THE DOWAGER'S MAIL ORDER HUSBAND RECOMMENDATION: STARS 4

Suitable for young adults and adults due to subject of martial abuse, this is a short emotion packed book.

FINALLY, PLEASE NOTE:

Additionally, I received this book from the author and chose to voluntarily review the book with an honest Christian historical romance novel review. Lastly, book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book review author’s opinion. Consequently, all book reviews on-line and on my blog, are my opinions. In addition, the ARC did not affect my voluntary Christian historical romance novel review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”