At the Stroke of Midnight By Kate Palmer

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Birdlady1950
Currently Reading: Let's Meet God
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-birdlady1950.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

At the Stroke of Midnight By Kate Palmer

Post by Birdlady1950 »

At the Stroke of Midnight (A Fairly Western Tale Book 1)
STORY-LINE AT THE STROKE OF MIDNIGHT:

At The Stroke of Midnight, by author Kate Palmer's a sweet clean romance with a happy every after ending and a fairy tale quality.

Ella Fairfax father's will stipulated she must complete her masters degree before her 25th birthday or loose her inheritance of Diamond Hallow Ranch. Ella Fairfax is running out time. Step-mother Lucinda seems to always place stumbling blocks in front of Ella's degree. Also, Lucinda has leased Diamond Hallow with an option to buy to the Woodland Homes Foundation and head COO Jonas Stone Duke, Jr.

Ella always believes the best of everyone including scheming Lucinda. Head of the Woodland Homes Foundation, Jonas, seeking refuge from his notoriety has taken resident at Diamond Hallow. He and Ella have a bang up beginning, neither telling the other who they are. Ella must keep her presence secret from step-mother Lucinda to finish her degree without interference; Stone is seeking relief from his notoriety and a much deserved rest. Stone has found in the past once someone knows he's idenitify, they treat him differently.

Each with different, but good reasons, for keeping their identity secret will find all does not go well. Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive. What follows is an intense emotional story. Come along with Ella and Stone as they journey from strangers to love, solve mysteries, try to save the ranch, and stop an evil culprit from winning.

My sweet contemporary romance western review of At The Stroke of Midnight follows.

CHARACTERS, PLOTTING, DEVELOPMENT:

Primarily a sweet clean romance, author Kate Palmer infused this book with a modern fairy-tale quality. Included in this tale, we find the wicked step-mother and step-sister, along with nefarious deeds. Along with a cast of caring secondary characters, who support Ella, this book's a feel good read.

Furthermore, Palmer had many thread to bring together to form a solid novel which she did skillfully. The plotting has twists and turns and the pace is steady and smooth. Palmer hooks the reader quickly and does not let go until the end of the book. The story-line never slowed or lagged. The reader realizes quickly the deception Ella and Stone have used will not go well; causing relationship problems in the future. With strong people having sterling qualities, the reader falls in love with Ella and Stone. Ella's character is strong, yet, full of heart with a good soul. Stone, although strong, has past relationship issues he must face and resolve before he can find peace and the fullness of love.

Finally in-concluding my sweet clean contemporary romance review of At The Stroke of Midnight, I found a solid story-line, well-written and containing well-developed characters. This book is a relaxing read with a feel good happy every after ending. I became so involved in the story-line, I read this book straight through. I would not hesitate to buy this book for my self or a friend.

AT THE STROKE OF MIDNIGHT RECOMMENDATION: STARS 4

I gave this book 4 well-deserved stars. Suitable for young adults and adults, I would not hesitate to recommend this book.

FINALLY, PLEASE NOTE:

Additionally, I received this book from the author and chose to voluntarily review the book with an honest romance western novel review. Lastly, book reviews of any novel are dependent on the book review author’s opinion. Consequently, all book reviews on-line and on my blog, are my opinions. In addition, the ARC did not affect my romance western novel review.
bookishfreak4life
Currently Reading: Desperately Seeking Sixty-Nine
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookishfreak4life.html
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by bookishfreak4life »

I will have to check this one out, I like this! I don't often read western romances anymore, but this one has me intrigued. Thanks !

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”