Craving constellations (The ACES 1) by Nicole Jacquelyn

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Vir
Currently Reading: Craving Redemption
Bookshelf Size: 393
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vir.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Craving constellations (The ACES 1) by Nicole Jacquelyn

Post by Vir »

I really enjoyed this one! I loved it!

Brenna came back home after five years of being away. Escaping from her abusing husband, she looked for comfort in the arms of the Motorcycle Club of her childhood, the one she left during college, hiding a big secret with her.

This is the story of Brenna and Dragon and let me tell you, it's not an easy one. It's told by a girl who has lived the ACES Motorcycle Club since she was born. She is used to violence and bad behavior and sees things in a way you, reader, maybe not. She has been surrounded of rough men and criminals all her live so her point of view could be far from yours at times. It works for me perfectly, anyway and, if you are a biker's books fan, you will love it as I did.

After running away from the life Brenna thought was wrong for her, she ended up marrying a sociopath who was evil personified. Not his pop, not the Aces Brothers, not biker's life. No. The man she thought was her way out, ironically was her worst nightmare.

I loved the way Brenna realizes what is important in life, how she finally understands family. Her family at least. but regarding this, there is one thing (well, probably more) I didn't understand from Brenna: how she possible go away for five years without contacting her father? I'm not talking here about Dragon, I'm talking about the lack of contact with the dad she knows loves her more than anything.

The other POV is Dragon's. He is a great hero and a very well written one as well.
You will enjoy his dirty mouth as much as I enjoyed it, and the mix of rough and sweet in him.
I think he is my favorite thing in a book full of things I liked. But, really, I could empathized with Dragon and I understood his behavior, mostly.
What I completely understand is his feeling of helplessness as he discovers the secrets kept from him.

I give it 4 stars out of 4 and not just because I'm a biker's books addict but because there is love, action, hot sex and angst in the perfect measure.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”