Official Review: The Triple Challenge by Maria Miller Stone

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jennifer Allsbrook
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading: An American Hedge Fund
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-allsbrook.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Official Review: The Triple Challenge by Maria Miller Stone

Post by Jennifer Allsbrook »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Triple Challenge" by Maria Miller Stone.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Triple Challenge, by Maria Miller Stone, whisks readers away on a wonderful ride of adventure, world travel, emotional vulnerability, and love. Winsome, wild, and carefree, California heiress Madeleine Starx has everything she has ever wanted: money, fame, and friends. Moving from one tryst to another, Madeleine’s escapades draw the attention of her father, movie mogul, Gregory Starx. Laying down the law, Gregory threatens Madeleine with disinheritance unless she can find true love. Shocked, Madeleine is ready to protest when the plot thickens. Not only must Madeleine find love, but she must do so three times. Over cocktails, Madeleine laments her fate and prepares for her triple challenge while her best friends, Karen and Cybil, offer support and advice. How can Madeleine possibly pull this off?

Maria Miller Stone divides The Triple Challenge, into three parts, allowing readers to follow Madeleine from France to Italy, and to her final destination, Russia. In part one, L’Art de Vivre, the art of living; Madeleine must survive on a shoestring budget while exploring Paris. Visiting the sights and wandering the shops and cafes, Madeleine settles down for some comfort food. Looking up into her waiter’s deep blue eyes, Madeleine meets Didier Durand. Charmed by his attentiveness, Madeleine embarks on her first challenge.

In part two of the story, La Dolce Vita, the sweet life, Madeleine is in Italy. Dejected after having to leave France, how can she possibly face another challenge? To overcome her melancholy, Madeleine immerses herself into writing about her French adventure. Coming up for air, she begins an excursion into Rome’s shops, architectural wonders, and she finds joy in the atmosphere of one of the world’s most famous cities. Reading under the Roman sun, Madeleine is approached by Fabrizio Longi, fashion designer and Roman God by the looks of him. He asks Madeleine to be his muse for an American inspired collection. So starts her second challenge.

In part three, Life’s a Beach, Madeleine has moved on to Russia. While at the airport, she bumps into an old hookup from California, bassist Jeremy Bullet, who turns out to be Russian native, Dmitry Bulavin. Back in Russia to deal with an inheritance from his late Grandmother, Dmitry gives Madeleine his number. Feeling like it is fate running into Dmitry a world away from California, Madeleine argues with her best friends, Karen and Cybil, about whether Dmitry will be her third challenge.

In The Triple Challenge, Maria Miller Stone has created a story where a young woman grows into her own and learns to live, love and finds a passion for writing. Coerced into the challenge by her father, she never realizes that this journey will end with self-discovery. Besides the depth of character of Madeleine herself, Stone provides Madeleine with supporting characters that are passionate, caring, and interesting in their own rights. Accordingly, her love interests are all handsome, driven men who readers learn to love along with Madeleine. Furthermore, her best friends, Karen and Cybil, are always there to lend support, advice, and require Madeleine to keep her head in the game. Other characters that readers will enjoy are Tessa, Madeleine’s mother, Bernard, who acts as Madeleine’s assistant and Gregory Starx’s lackey throughout the trip abroad, and Jeanette, Madeleine’s younger half-sister.

Overall, I rate The Triple Challenge, 4 out of 4 stars. Stone transports her readers on the emotional and sometimes touching journey with Madeleine. The plot is well developed and Stone’s descriptive prose brings to life the beauty and wonders of Paris, Rome, and Moscow. Being able to share the many famous places and wonders of these locations was what I loved most about the story. Also, I loved that Gregory acted out of love for Madeleine. What seemed to be a vindictive challenge put forth by Madeleine’s father turns out to be a testament to his love for his daughter as she becomes the young woman he knows she can be. I recommend this book to readers who enjoy erotic romance or who just want to read a good love story three times over!

The Triple Challenge
View: on Bookshelves | on Smashwords

Like Jennifer Allsbrook's review? Post a comment saying so!
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Sounds like a great read. I love the settings of the book and the story sounds matured and enjoyable. Great job on the review. Congratulations to Maria Miller Stone on such a glowing review.
Jennifer Allsbrook

kimmyschemy06 wrote:Sounds like a great read. I love the settings of the book and the story sounds matured and enjoyable. Great job on the review. Congratulations to Maria Miller Stone on such a glowing review.
Thank you for your kind comments. I also loved the settings. Stone did a fabulous job immersing the reader into these famous cities!
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

What a very precise and well written review! And you also fit the word winsome into it! I love that word. Nice job.
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
Jennifer Allsbrook

rssllue wrote:What a very precise and well written review! And you also fit the word winsome into it! I love that word. Nice job.
Thank you for your kind comments. I, too love the word winsome! :P
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

You are most welcome! :tiphat:

We must be winsome birds of a feather! :lol:
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

This isn't my usual genre, but I love the idea of almost three books in one all following one character. I can only imagine that would add another level to this book. Thanks for the review. Glad you enjoyed it!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Jennifer Allsbrook

I really did enjoy this story! Thank you for the positive comments.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”