Official Review: Desperately Seeking Sixty-Nine

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Julie Ditton
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 031">Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Parts 1 & 2</a>
Currently Reading: The Bone Collection
Bookshelf Size: 792
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-ditton.html
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Re: Official Review: Desperately Seeking Sixty-Nine

Post by Julie Ditton »

This book looks like a delightful diversion. Thanks to the author for offering it as a free BOTD.
"Oh honestly, don't you two read?"

-Hermione Granger in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer 's Stone
by J.K. Rowling
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
Majikalone
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 552">It</a>
Currently Reading: First Family
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-majikalone.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Majikalone »

This is such a cute and fun story, and I really enjoyed it. This review was very informative, hitting all the high points and defining what made the story so much fun to read, and I commend the reviewer for doing such a thorough job. I also like the fact that this reviewer was kind enough to point out that this story was adult themed and possibly not for everyone. Good job!??????
David Nash
Currently Reading: Slay the Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-nash.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill
Reading Device: B009XE0K7W

Post by David Nash »

I read a bit of the opening and it did seem like an interesting twist. I look forward to the rest. And thanks for the warning on it not being a completely "clean read." Won't stop me from enjoying it but I'll watch who I recommend it to.
Janetleighgreen
Favorite Author: Janet Leigh Green
Currently Reading: Before She Disappeared
Bookshelf Size: 204
fav_author_id: 42198

Post by Janetleighgreen »

This book looks really cute, I am excited for the read. Thank you for great review, as always! I love your feedback. ?
Jories4
Currently Reading: The Divine Comedy
Bookshelf Size: 48

Post by Jories4 »

I really enjoy the fact that author can write a short book of less than 50 pages but still be able to tell a great story, my respects to J.D. Frettier.
-Dan
Mark Johnson
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-johnson.html
Latest Review: "USA, Inc." by Larry Kahaner

Post by Mark Johnson »

Sounds like a unique book with the "The Green Room" idea of purgatory. The fact it was one of the most captivating short stories you ever read is intriguing.
Thanks for the great review.
Latest Review: "USA, Inc." by Larry Kahaner
Tommie H Odom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 1960">Sade Evans</a>
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tommie-h-odom.html

Post by Tommie H Odom »

What a great review. I loved reading the story. It seems like the husband wife dead wife friend had mire pull on her than he did. He wanted her to live and she willed be to die. She died but what happens next? The book Desperately Seeking 69 is awesome. I rate it as 4.0.
AmeliaLovesBooks
Currently Reading: Cat's Gambit
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amelialovesbooks.html
Latest Review: "Lemoncella Cocktail" by Rene Natan

Post by AmeliaLovesBooks »

I sometimes wish that authors would venture into short stories more often. I see so much brilliance out of novels and wonder if they could exhibit that in just 50 or so pages. Additionally, this theme seems to be growing in popularity. I first loved it after reading the Book Thief and am always looking for a new spin on things like it.
Latest Review: "Lemoncella Cocktail" by Rene Natan
Catherine and AJ
Currently Reading: Harry potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reading Device: B002Y27P3M

Post by Catherine and AJ »

I just finished reading this and I found the main character pretty funny. I think I enjoyed this book so much because of how the characters were portrayed.
lechrissie
Currently Reading: City of Masks
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lechrissie.html

Post by lechrissie »

Thank you for the great review although at first I thought this was not the type of book I would enjoy. After reading about the fast-paced flow of the storyline, yet with great character developments I believe the book will be a page turner for me too. The afterlife is a mystery to all of us. I am especially drawn to it although some would consider it dark fascination. Now with the book's take on sex and mundane things like coffee and body scuplting in the afterlife...yes, I will want to read the book soon.
josefina1110
Currently Reading: Justice
Bookshelf Size: 38
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of The Voice of Creation

Post by josefina1110 »

Thanks for the great review. The story is a big jump from my favorite genre but I was surprised I kept on reading. Thankfully it is short but real captivating. Congratulations to the author for BOTD.
Kdonegan91
Favorite Author: Wanda E. Brunstetter
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 202">Never Cry Again</a>
Currently Reading: Ironbark Hill
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdonegan91.html
Latest Review: "A Matter of Faith" by Duke Woodrick
Reading Device: 1400699169
fav_author_id: 19883

Post by Kdonegan91 »

I was kind of skeptical about this book until I read the first two chapters. I am hooked! You wrote an excellent review.
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change. - Wayne Dyer
Latest Review: "A Matter of Faith" by Duke Woodrick
tarafarah7
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1438
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

Everything about this book is AWESOME! I am thrilled to have a copy! I also am so excited bc I only pay $1.99 for the Audible version since I own the Kindle copy...I listened to part of it...so hilarious! Congrats!
Pratik007789
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Pratik007789 »

What a great and light hearted look at sex, love, Woodstock, and the afterlife.
If you have ever laughed at your family, sex, or the trouble you’ve gotten in to
with your best friend this is the book for you.

JD Frettier is the nom de plume of USA Today Bestselling Author Jennifer Theriot. Being a child of the 1960s and Woodstock era, she was elated when a quirky couple spoke to her, requesting their love story be told. It was an offer she couldn’t refuse and so decided to venture into the world of paranormal via “channeling” with her debut novella, Desperately Seeking Sixty-Nine. JD’s laptop and mind are now open to new characters, and she’s already interviewed a new character for a future project.
other work

Frankly I damn near pissed myself laughing so hard at this story. Bonnie is feisty and blunt. Dee is seriously flower-child funny. Peter...Lord help us. That man... I only hope that when I pass I can have an experience such as this. But, on the flip side, there was a true love story here, too

I loved this! It was unique and funny! It's a story about one woman's life and her afterlife! About going back to a time that meant the most to you! In Bonnie's case it meant going back,it meant remembering her life with Peter,her husband! Starting with how they met,in 1969 at Woodstock! Along the way she is reconnects with him in more ways than one!!
Tommie H Odom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 1960">Sade Evans</a>
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tommie-h-odom.html

Post by Tommie H Odom »

The review is good. However it is very hard to believe that Bonnie perfered to go home to the afterlife rather than to stay with her tear grieved husband Peter. Her lady friend willed her to come on a journey with her but in actuality. She didn't really know where she was going. They had the green room and perfecting of the body. However they were two lost souls among other lost souls. Life had to be very difficult for Bonnie to follow the light into unknown territories instead of sticking with a life that she was familiar with.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”