Official Review: Nocturne of Secrecy by Scarlette Rayne

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kdonegan91
Favorite Author: Wanda E. Brunstetter
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 202">Never Cry Again</a>
Currently Reading: Ironbark Hill
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdonegan91.html
Latest Review: "A Matter of Faith" by Duke Woodrick
Reading Device: 1400699169
fav_author_id: 19883

Official Review: Nocturne of Secrecy by Scarlette Rayne

Post by Kdonegan91 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Nocturne of Secrecy" by Scarlette Rayne.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Nocturne of Secrecy by Scarlette Rayne is a romance novella that keeps the reader interested until the very end. Professional concert pianist Alexis is beautiful, and she is passionate about everything she does. With the help of her assistant, Roberta, she is a well-known figure in the musical society. Not only does she charm large crowds with her exceptional piano skills, but she charms and entices every handsome man that has the pleasure of meeting her. She is accustomed to having men under her control by just flirting with them. Yet one man seems to have her under his spell, and she hasn't even met him yet. The many banquets of flowers with a haiku written on aged parchment paper are all she has to connect herself to him. She is familiar to one-night stands, but after meeting her secret admirer will that all change? How important are first impressions?

Scarlette Rayne phenomenally wrote this novella, and I appreciated this book for numerous reasons. My first commendation is how the author wrote such a thorough yet not overly descriptive story in just fifty pages. Nocturne of Secrecy was easy to follow and flowed very nicely. Also, the romance aspect of the novel is very classy, and this book does not contain any steamy erotic scenes. In addition, the author includes a huge twist that left me astonished.

On the other hand, I do attain two concerns about the book. First, the main character, Alexis, does not seem relatable. She sort of has this arrogance and brashness about her that makes her almost unpleasant. I believe if the author would have made Alexis more humble and toned down the promiscuous attitude, she would have been more relatable. Furthermore, I have found a handful of grammatical errors such as missing words in a sentences and words in the wrong place in a sentences.

I give Nocturne of Secrecy by Scarlette Rayne a score of 3 out of 4. I would have easily rated this novella a full four out of four score if the main character would have been more realistic and meek. Equally important, this book does need revising for the few errors I did find. However, this book deserves at least three out of four because Rayne wrote an incredible book that kept me engrossed until the last page.

In conclusion, I believe that this book would captivate any reader who enjoys a wholesome and clean romance novel. If you enjoy lustful and erotic romance novels, this book is not for you. Since this book contains an unexpected twist, this book could attract a reader who loves suspense.

Nocturne of Secrecy
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Kdonegan91's review? Post a comment saying so!
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change. - Wayne Dyer
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

Nice, thorough review! Glad you were able to enjoy the book despite an unlikable main character that is hard to relate to.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
Kdonegan91
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 202">Never Cry Again</a>

Post by Kdonegan91 »

Thank You! I thoroughly enjoyed it. :)
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change. - Wayne Dyer
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Sounds like a very interesting, intriguing and enjoyable read. Just like you, Roberta is not my type of female protagonist (arrogant and brash). Great job on the review.
greenstripedgiraffe
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The New Strong-Willed Child
Bookshelf Size: 274
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greenstripedgiraffe.html
Latest Review: Swarm by Guy Morris

Post by greenstripedgiraffe »

Sounds like a very interesting read. I think the concert pianist angle would draw me in :D
"no one down here" --- Up the Down Staircase
Latest Review: Swarm by Guy Morris
Kdonegan91

Post by Kdonegan91 »

Thank you both for the kind words. :)
Clarisa
Currently Reading: Bard's Exile
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clarisa.html
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer

Post by Clarisa »

I am intrigued to know how this man is able to control her if she doesn't know him! The main female character does seem hard to relate for me from your description but the overall story seems a bit interesting. Great review !
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer
Kdonegan91

Post by Kdonegan91 »

Although she was hard to relate to, I still enjoyed the book. The twist was mind blowing! Thank You for the kind words!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”