Official Review: Lost by Jodi Kae

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
BookBuffoonery
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookbuffoonery.html
Latest Review: "In Good Hands" by Billie Allen

Official Review: Lost by Jodi Kae

Post by BookBuffoonery »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Lost" by Jodi Kae.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Lost: Saved By Love by Jodi Kae is a romantic suspense book. It is an intense book which is a combination of thriller, romance, and exposé on the issue of human trafficking.

Derek Mason travels to his cabin for a relaxing weekend, only to find a bloody and beaten woman along the road. He takes her in and nurses her back to health, vowing to protect her from whoever mistreated her in the first place. When Ren regains her memory, she recalls that she and her sister were kidnapped by a group of men who engage in human trafficking. Though Ren escaped with her life, she is afraid for the welfare of her sister. Derek vows to help Ren find and free her sister, but he has to keep her safe from those who want to eliminate the witness of the girl who got away.

I thought that this book was very intense--from the subject matter, to the language, to the sexual scenes. It is not a book for the faint of heart. For my own personal taste, it was a bit over the top with the amount of bad language, crass sexual talk, and erotic sex scenes. The premise of the book was quite interesting. I've never before read a romance novel which paired a love story with such a dark topic--human trafficking. I appreciate that the author sought to bring awareness to this issue, using a genre that isn't normally known for its serious subject matter.

The book's format is good, with the story progressing in a logical and appropriate manner. The writing style of this book is confusing at times, switching the perspective of who is telling the story at any given time . This sometimes makes the wording sound awkward or incorrect. There were several errors--misspelled words, incorrect grammar, and improper usage of punctuation. The end of the book is a cliffhanger and segues into the next book in the series.

I would rate this book 2 out of 4 stars. I didn't give this book a 3, because to me it seemed like the sex scenes were gratuitous and didn't flow well with the rest of the story. If the sex scenes and language were toned down, I believe this book would be much more appealing. As is, this book is appropriate for adults who do not mind bad language, erotic sex scenes and language, and uncomfortable subject matter. I would only recommend this book to those who are comfortable with all of those elements.

Lost
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Like BookBuffoonery's review? Post a comment saying so!
Annelore Trujillo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 170
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annelore-trujillo.html
Latest Review: The Siberians by Simon J. Carey

Post by Annelore Trujillo »

I agree that the premise of this is unique. It sounds really interesting. Suspense and romance is my kind of book. I'm not sure if I would like the intense sex scenes much. However, I can always skip over those scenes. Thanks for an honest review.
BookBuffoonery

Post by BookBuffoonery »

You're welcome! Yes, I've skipped those types of scenes in some books, when it get a bit too intense.
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

That was a very honest review. The premise sounds very promising. Too bad, though, about the errors and overall execution. It seems like this book needs a lot of improvement. Good job on the review.
BookBuffoonery

Post by BookBuffoonery »

Thanks! It's tough writing critical things about somebody else's work of creativity.
Ceciltrixiedom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =164903">A Very Secret Affair</a>
Currently Reading: The Language Of Flowers
Bookshelf Size: 31

Post by Ceciltrixiedom »

I agree with the review .For me, the story is interesting to read. I love reading it , only the sex scene part is not given more emphasis.If this part was given emphasis it could add butterflies of various colors to the emotion of the readers. :P
sekempei
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by sekempei »

very true,though to some extend the book seems intresting and captive to read,bt the sex scenes depends with somebodys attitudes and how they have been displayed in the novel.otherwise your review seems perfect :D

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”