Crossfire versus Fifty Shades

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
red_velvet_girl7
Favorite Author: sylvia day
Currently Reading: Out of the Box Everlasting
Bookshelf Size: 310
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-red-velvet-girl7.html
fav_author_id: 3447

Icon Crossfire versus Fifty Shades

Post by red_velvet_girl7 »

Fifty Shades of Grey was the novel that introduced me to the Erotica Genre, but I didn't like it that much. Few Months later when I came across Bared to you, saying I was hooked is a huge understatement.
While there are some similarities between the two series, I personally think that Crossfire Series is way way wayyyy better than Fifty. Crossfire Series is simply UNPUTDOWNABLE. And Gideon Cross *sigh*
Whenever I feel like escaping my reality I start reading one of the Crossfire novel.
2kasmom
Currently Reading: Down And Dirty
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-2kasmom.html
Latest Review: Are Your Kids Naked Online? by Chris Good and Lisa Good
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by 2kasmom »

I also think the Crossfire series is better. But to be fair, I did not read the Fifty Shades books. I read excerpts and sneak peeks and found the writing lacking. I absolutely enjoyed Crossfire series as Gideon & Eva made me feel like I was on the edge of my seat. Thank you for your honest opinion. It only makes me feel like I made the right decision and I am glad.
Waugh a617
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waugh-a617.html

Post by Waugh a617 »

I read Fifty Shades to see what it was about, I didn't like it. But let me tell you I love me some Gideon Cross!!! I would take the Crossfire series over Fifty Shades any day!
TassieReader
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tassiereader.html

Post by TassieReader »

Fifty Shades was also my first in this genre which I must say I actually loved the books. Then came along Crossfire series and as much as I loved this also I couldn't help but compare the two and for me Crossfire came up just short..
Cindy Hodge
Currently Reading: she's mine
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reading Device: B00V49LV86

Post by Cindy Hodge »

Ummm going to look for this book right now. Thank you.
lv lewis
Currently Reading: The Fate of the Tearling
Bookshelf Size: 221
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by lv lewis »

Sylvia Day is a much better writer than EL James, hands down.
MelissaMoore
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissamoore.html

Post by MelissaMoore »

I honestly have to say they both have been read numerous times by me and I will keep going back to reread them whenever the moment strikes. I enjoyed both series but make my own fantasy pictures in my head. The movie did Fifty Shades no justice. The books were way better. Gideon is a babe in my head though. So if I had to choose today I would say Fifty Shades. Ask me next week and Gideon could get the vote.
Jennifer Allsbrook
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading: An American Hedge Fund
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-allsbrook.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Post by Jennifer Allsbrook »

I have been reading erotic fiction for a long time and I enjoyed both Fifty Shades and the Crossfire series. EL James and Sylvia Day have very different writing styles but the substance of their stories are similar. Gideon is sexier than Christian but both these damaged men reach into the woman inside me and make me want to comfort them. Isn't that the purpose of these romantic and erotic stories...to connect to the woman inside of us that stays repressed and suppressed by everyday life? Other authors that excel in this genre include Lorelei James, Lora Leigh, Emma Holley, Lori Foster, Maya Banks...to name just a few. I encourage woman to explore by reading or even writing this type of fiction.
JessieMarie84
Currently Reading: Tess of the D'Urbervilles
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessiemarie84.html
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited

Post by JessieMarie84 »

I'm one of those that loves them both. Sylvia kept me waiting after the first few books. I hate long waits between books. Especially over a year in between books in series. Both were my introduction into erotica. Turned my whole perspective of sex around. I knew of the BDSM world but not what it was about or any interest in finding out until reading Fifty Shades series. I've been digging to find some decent author to read since some of the contemporary romance stuff doesn't interest me as much as it did before reading my first erotic novel.
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
MichaelaD
Currently Reading: Outlander
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaelad.html

Post by MichaelaD »

Fifty shades was my introduction into the erotic fiction world, and I enjoyed reading them very much. However, you can tell that E.L. James is a beginner author. And then I discovered the crossfire series by Sylvia Day- and it's much better than fifty shades of grey. The only thing I don't like about Sylvia Day is the wait!! Won't start reading another series until all books are released.
Kdishon88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdishon88.html

Post by Kdishon88 »

Fifty shades was my introduction into erotic fiction too like so many others but I completely fell in love with the crossfire series just like I have all of Silvia day's book. The series just feels more real to me while fifty shades at time seems more unrealistic. She is an amazing author haven't found one of her books that I haven't liked yet..
MissyLea83
Currently Reading: Sweet Surrender
Bookshelf Size: 50

Post by MissyLea83 »

I have read both series, Fifty Shades and Crossfire, and I liked them both. The one thing I liked about both of them is that each author wrote in their own way that captivated me from the beginning. I will say that I was much more disappointed with the way the Crossfire series ended. I feel like both E.L. James and Sylvia Day brought out different parts of my "Yes, please!" I also encourage people to read other authors as well so that you can experience more through reading!
dana012
Currently Reading: Endless Forms Most Beautiful
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dana012.html
Latest Review: "All Access" by Liberty Kontranowski

Post by dana012 »

I also like Crossfire better than Fifty Shades. It has better plot and better writing in my opinion. I have only read up to the third book, Entwined with you, which I did not like much because it felt like a filler book where nothing really happened to move the plot forward. Aside from that, I really like what I have read so far.
Latest Review: "All Access" by Liberty Kontranowski
bruin
Currently Reading: Cracking the Genome
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bruin.html
Latest Review: Havana 1995 -english version- by Ileana Gonzalez Monserrat

Post by bruin »

2kasmom wrote:I also think the Crossfire series is better. But to be fair, I did not read the Fifty Shades books. I read excerpts and sneak peeks and found the writing lacking. I absolutely enjoyed Crossfire series as Gideon & Eva made me feel like I was on the edge of my seat. Thank you for your honest opinion. It only makes me feel like I made the right decision and I am glad.
I also found the writing to be lacking in Fifty Shades. This post made me interested in giving the Crossfire series a try. Thanks
sneller30

Post by sneller30 »

I also have read both of the series. I liked both of them, and am in the same boat where fifty was my first book of this kind. I LOVED the first 4 books of the crossfire series. I like the characters better and it was overall a better series. I felt like the 5th book was a let down. The series could have been ended better. This is the only part where i believe that fifty shades is better. we were able to have a better conclusion to the story. That being said I would recommend the crossfire series to anyone.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”